All reviewsdana and brianthe main housewine countryquichefamily stylefreshly baked cookiesrussian rivergreat hostsny timeskorbel wineryeach morninghot tubwine tastingapple sausagesleigh bedother guestscommon areas
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I planned this get away with my wife for my birthday. I am an Internet guy and looked up the reviews on many bed and breakfasts before deciding on the Sonoma Orchid Inn. It was just perfect for us. We had barely parked when Brian came out to meet us and show us the facilities. This was just typical of our three day stay with the guys. Whenever we needed them, there were there and so helpful. When we wanted quiet and privacy they were elsewhere. The breakfast was served promptly at 9am, and on one of the days when we were to head out early, they even offered to put a little something together for us before we left. This was so typical of the caring service that we received during our stay. We stayed in the Hawthorne Cottage. Our room had a wood burning fireplace and a king sized sleigh bed.
There are several things to do in the area. We rented canoes and paddled down the Russian River for 3 hours stopping for a wonderful lunch on a private sandbar on one of the days. Another day, we rode a Zip-line through the redwood forest. Brian even clued us in on a local firework show that happened a few days before the 4th of July. We would have never known....
We stayed in a very nice B and B in Napa Valley the night before our stay at the Sonoma Orchid Inn, and my wife said that although the other place was very nice as well, she preferred our nights in Guerneville. She felt that they innkeepers really went out of their way to care for us. We appreciate that sort of thing.

Room Tip: We were in the Hawthorne Cottage. It was really nice with a fireplace and comfy sitting chairs
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve M
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Our particular room (Wisteria) was near the main street, so noisy. My husband thought the room was too small. I thought our room smelled like an outhouse. (When we arrived, we were told they just steam cleaned the carpet and had fans going to get it dry.) The other rooms might be great--we don't know. Breakfast was nice, but not awesome like in some B&B's. It is not served until 9 AM. Our personal taste would be to have it earlier. The free wifi was weak in our room, but was excellent in the public room.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Spent three nights here recently and had a wonderful time. We stayed in the Hawthorne room which was spacious, luxurious, and so comfortable (even a window seat which I've always coveted). The ratings below this say what I would so I just want to say, ditto.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

After a long day of motorcycle riding, I wanted a small, quaint, clean and quiet place. This Inn was perfect.It is right next to the Korbel winery, which makes it convenient for wine lovers. Brian and Dana are helpful, friendly and personable. The Inn is appointed with lots of interesting art and many country chickens, which I loved. The living room has a fire place and is surrounded by trees giving in a cozy feel. I especially loved the guest kitchen as I was tried from a day of riding in the heat and did not want an expensive dinner. I could also make myself a cup of coffee before the 9am breakfast.

I came in on a Sunday evening and was allowed to upgrade my room at no cost. I chose the Maple, which had an air conditioner, but no sound proof windows. Because I live in the City, the street noise, which I could hear, was not a problem. And Brian warned me before I took the room.
This house has been added on to over the years, so the path to the bathroom was a little crooked, but I didn't mind that either. The bed was luscious and the sheets ultra soft and comfortable.

The breakfast was excellent. Brian and Dana go out of their way to make things nice. The room was clean and rustic at the same time. The cat and dog were friendly, but not pesky. I'm going to book a longer stay in August as there was so much I didn't have time to see. So close to the river, the woods and the ocean and away from the city chaos. Perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Brian and Dana provided us a welcoming and comfortable stay at Sonoma Orchid while celebrating our 15th year anniversary. The property is conveniently located between the coast and vineyards. When you are not touring, the plants and flowers on the property are so lovely, you'll just want to spend a quiet morning or evening taking it all in. We hope to be back soon. Thanks, guys!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple