“Love it!”
Review of boon eat + drink

boon eat + drink
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Guerneville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great food and friendly staff. Amazing to find - and keep! - in our lovely little town of Guerneville. Thanks to Krista and the whole gang!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is a great example of how you shouldn't judge too quickly. We visited our first night in town, and left not entirely happy. The service was amazing, and it's a great space. The food, however, was too salty. Which we told them about, and they comped the soup with an apology. We were going to go elsewhere the next night, but wound up there anyway (Guerneville is not blessed with an abundance of fine dining. Like...this is it.) Completely different experience. The food was excellent, the service just as fine as the night before. We brought our own wine in, just because we had more than we could transport, and the corkage was reasonable. We were very happy to leave pleased, especially since during our day we had run into a number of people who were concerned about our first night and said they would talk to the staff (gotta love small towns!). So if you're in Guerneville looking for dinner, I think this should be your first stop.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Just had the Brussels, then warm mushroom kale salad, then the panna cotta with lavender shortbread cookies for dessert :) HAPPY TUMMY!! So glad to have a consistently wonderful restaurant so close to home!! Thank you boon!!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I popped in to Boon on Monday, January 13 on the recommendation of a local. It was around 2:30p so was very empty which was great for me. I ordered the apple/butternut squash soup, flash fried brussel sprouts and the bel fiore burrata. ALL the dishes were excellent and tasty. The service by a handsome guy whose name I was foolish enough not to get offered excellent service and was very pleasant. The cost was reasonable at about $30. I would go back to Boon in a Guernville heartbeat!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My only criticism, which is significant, it that the lay out and ambiance of the restaurant is such that 1) it is very loud 2) there are continual drafts as customers come and go, since there is no entryway (tho there is a small heated outdoor dining area 3) the overall decor, is unexciting, not-withstanding "Boon", the frisbee dog who adorns the main wall.
I recommend putting some effort into making the restaurant more physically comfortable and appealing~ not that the business isn't already "booming"!
Still, it's a great find, and I'd come back in a flash, as the food was terrific!