“Creative comfort”
Review of boon eat + drink

boon eat + drink
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Guerneville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2012

If my mother had made Brussels sprouts as good as the folks at Boon, I never would have had those "you are not leaving the table until you eat your vegetables" nights as a child (yes, mom . . . I'm still scared). In all seriousness, the flash fried Brussels sprouts are exceptional as was my entire evening dining at Boon. My polenta lasagna was mouthwatering and my partner's signature Boon Burger was amazing as many of the other reviews have said over and over. I was also not surprised to learn that the restaurant grows some of its own food; the level of respect for food showed clearly in the menu and the service.

There are newer reviews for boon eat + drink

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Food was delicious and the restaurant itself was modern-like something you would see in San Francisco. Impressed!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were staying in Guerneville and wanted to eat at Boon Eat and Drink because of a review we read in Food and Wine magazine. The flash fried Brussels sprouts are perfection; who would guess that Brussels spouts could be yummy? We wisely followed the advice of our waitress and shared one order of the brussels sprouts, as the serving is very large. We also had the flat iron steak and it could not have been better. The fries were average, but I didn't have rave reviews for them as some other reviewers did. The panna cotta was a light dessert and went well with our heavier meal. I enjoyed the fact that they serve French press coffee in a large pot (enough for 2.5 cups for one person) and best of all, it was available in decaf. The restaurant is tiny and tables are very close together. We did not find the place to be at all overpriced, but then we have been living in SF for a few months where every restaurant is expensive, so $22 for flat iron steak and $8 for a huge portion of brussels sprouts seemed very reasonable. Because of the popularity of the place, we knew we should get there early so we skipped lunch and arrived at 5 PM, just as they opened. We were the first customers and we chose to sit outside because there was a heat lamp there. By the time we left at 6 PM, all the indoor and outdoor tables were full, so if you come, either get here early or don't complain about the wait!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stopped her on our way from Healdsburg to Duncan Mills and would definitely eat here again. The service was great and the atmosphere is clean, hip and quaint. This may sounds funny but the brussell sprouts are to die for! I got the pork belly panino and my husband got the burger. His fries were fantastic and both dishes were very satisfying. Two thumbs up from us and I would tell anyone to give it a try.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had the best bottle of wine of our whole trip here, and the appetizers were completely amazing. Especially the grilled romaine salad. The entrees however, took a major dip. The special that night was a noodle dish with tempura prawns, and it was frankly a bland mix of bread on bread. The tempura joined forces (in a bad way) with the noodles, and were uninterrupted by the scant cilantro, the not-acidic-enough dressing, and the overall lack of flavor. Very disappointing. The place is cute, the wine list is great, the ingredients seemed fantastic, but the execution amidst all the hubbub and scene-ishness didn't pan out for me. You also need to be incredibly patient, as they are busy and scattered, so if you're in the mood, it may work beautifully. Or it may not.

2  Thank tobytyler123