Creekside Inn & Resort
Cottages on River Road(Guerneville)(Great Value!)
$300
West Sonoma Inn & Spa(Guerneville)(Great Value!)
$159
Sonoma Orchid Inn(Guerneville)(Great Value!)
$269
Applewood Inn And Spa(Guerneville)
$303
$293
Hotels.com
Fern Grove Cottages(Guerneville)
Riverlane Resort(Guerneville)
  • Pool
Dawn Ranch Resort(Guerneville)
Hotels.com
All reviewsapple housefull kitchenliving roomhot tubrussian rivernice swimming poolthe riverchecking outfamily reunionlovely settingdvd playerthe cottagesceiling fansonoma countyeasy accessredwood forestbodega bay
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This Inn is surrounded by redwoods and borders a creek that flows into the Russian River. Four of us rented the Crane for 2 nights, a 2-bedroom apartment with a complete kitchen. It is a stand alone building so completely private. The sitting area and kitchen is in the center with 2 identical bedrooms on each side with it's own bath. There is a large deck with access from each bedroom and the living area. The bedrooms and baths appear to have been recently renovated and the baths had new fixtures. The kitchen was large with fairly new appliances and very well equipped. We did not eat out, but prepared meals from the Inn's garden and the Safeway deli. The only criticism I have is that the living room does not give a good first impression when you walk in the front door. There is a fireplace but it is hardly visible because of a large, round table. The carpets in all rooms have stains and needs replacing. The futon cover shows a zipper in the front. One must keep in mind that this is not a chain with great resources and I am sure they are renovating gradually. I would definitely recommend this property and will stay there again.

Room Tip: This property has a variety of styles of accommodations so it depends on you party's needs.The 2-bedroom is ideal for 2 couples or a family.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bobolo
Crescione, Owner at Creekside Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

We are so happy that you were able to enjoy the kitchen and the fresh vegetable garden. We are looking for an arrangement of the living room that would show off the fireplace more and we welcome any suggestions.

The house is recently painted but due for new floor coverings. Hope we can have it done soon.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed here a few months ago and we loved it. You can't beat this location within walking distance to town and Johnson's Beach.

Creekside Inn had everything we wanted for a great 4 night stay. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub and the grounds are very nice. They have BBQ's that you are able to use in the common areas with a nice lawn area and tables.

Our room/cabin was so nice. Nothing fancy but very clean and comfortable and with a well stocked full kitchen. Parking is right under your little cabin as all accommodations are raised due to river flooding.

We had a great time at this place, loved the management's hospitality and look forward to returning in the near future.

You can't go wrong on this property!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wilson s
Crescione, Owner at Creekside Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

We appreciate your taking the time to review Creekside. We also enjoyed meeting you two and seeing your lovely vintage car. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed in the Osprey's Nest cabin over Labor Day weekend. The cabin is spacious, clean and comfy. However, it is right next to the road, which is surprisingly loud. After our first night, I asked Lynn ( the innkeeper) if they had a vacancy farther from the road, but they did not. She was very apologetic, and later that day came by to offer us the use of the Victorian suite in the B&B in addition to the cabin, so we would still have use of the cabin's kitchen. It was an extremely generous offer, and the suite is lovely, but we declined because we have a 4 month old and did not want to worry about bothering our neighbors on the other side of the shared wall. Lynn loaned us a white noise machine, which helped our baby sleep despite the road noise. She really went above and beyond. The property is very pretty, the pool area is quite nice, fresh apples at reception - the only caveat would be to ask for a cabin set back from the road when booking.

Room Tip: Stay in the B&B or ask for a cabin set back from the road to avoid noise and be closer to the creek.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are pleased to hear that you found the property and room clean and comfortable. We also thank you for pointing out a problem with the cottage. We wish that we could have moved you back further on the property but it was Labor Day weekend. It is a busy time for us, the resort next door and vacation rentals further down the road. We want all guests to be happy and are sorry that there was a glitch here. Hope we can make it up at a future date.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stumbled upon Creekside Inn during a solo trip last week. I had no destination-just driving all over the Sonoma Coast. Since it was a weekday, I thought it would be easy to find a place with no reservations. Clearly, I was mistaken. I was referred to Creekside from another B&B where the rooms were too expensive for one night, one person. So, upon arrival, what a great, tucked away location. Loved the fact I had a little kitchenette and a comfy bed. Very close to downtown--5 to 10 minute walk. Also, great welcome from the owners/staff. They offered me a late checkout without even asking for it. Loved and appreciated that after a bottle of wine later that night:)
Also, the staff gave me great info on restaurants and running trails....love to eat and love to run. Will definitely return, and maybe with someone else next time:)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank mylife2live
Crescione, Owner at Creekside Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for reviewing us. We are so pleased that you found it peaceful. Glad to be able to direct you to good safe sites for running as well as good food and wine places. We certainly look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed in the Victorian suite, we booked in Feb and we were told that we couldn't have a chalet for two nights. The suite was in the original main building. The rooms were overly decorated with paintings and pictures and the bed was too soft but we liked the owners and the 'character' of the place. Night time came and we were alone in the house - no other guests but us. Strange noises started to spook me out. We fell asleep and in the middle of the night I suddenly woke up to the sound of footsteps in the lounge area of our room, I thought I saw a woman in a Victorian black dress she looked very cross then disappeared, our room was completely locked, I'd even put our suitcase blocking door. The next day I realised her picture was on the wall. It may have been a dream - the next night I slept with the light on and couldn't wait to leave in the morning. The breakfast situation is a little weird it's at 9.30 and we got up really early and didn't want to wait first day and second day we said the night before we'd eat out. I don't want to eat at a given time on holiday and Flavors in town make great smoothies and eggs. The resort was very secluded, spotlessly clean and the family helpful. The pool and hot tub was chlorinated not natural salt which I thought was not Eco friendly. The cabins looked lovely and there's lots of barbecues but it was too spooky for me there!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Crescione, Owner at Creekside Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I only wish that we had known that you wanted to be in a cottage or that you needed an early breakfast. What works for some does not work for all but we try to accommodate. That is some peoples' favorite room, obviously not yours. We were glad to hear that it was clean and that we treated you well.

The bed has an extra firm mattress with a pillow top. We have some rooms with just extra firm mattresses that might have suited you better. Sorry we didn't know.

Regarding the salt chlorinated pools, my pool contractor tells me that it does produce chlorine and that it causes severe damage to metal fittings and copper pipes. We are looking at ozonation, but that is in the future.

Once again, thank you for letting me know what problems you encountered so that we can deal with them.