“Superb Lamb & Duck”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Located on Hwy. 116, 1/2 mile east of River Road and the Guerneville bridge
Description: Vibrant Sonoma Cuisine that is sustainable, local and organic. The Restaurant at Applewood Inn was honored with One Star by the Michelin Guide for 2011 and 2012. Its acclaimed cuisine is inspired by the lush bounty of the Russian River Valley and accented by Mediterranean influences. The Restaurant at Applewood Inn ranks among the top fine dining restaurants in Sonoma Wine Country. It offers gracious service in a rustic and romantic setting that balances warmth and elegance. Celebrate life and every romantic occasion at Applewood. A magical evening at the Applewood Restaurant will help make your special event even more memorable.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Superb Lamb & Duck”
Reviewed January 1, 2007

My wife and I dined at the Applewood for New Year's Eve and had a wonderful meal. It was a four course prix fixe menu for $75 that was a good value considering the components. She had the apple tart tatin with goat cheese and I started with oysters for the first course. We followed that with foie gras (her) and fish soup (me). Main courses were duck breast and rack of lamb, all followed by a triple dessert that neither of us could finish. All of the plates were very well prepared, imaginative, and tasty. I think her lamb was the best, though the fish soup was surprisingly good, too. The duck was succulent and rich and the lamb a perfect medium rare. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the restaurant had a good "by the glass" selection of wine to accompany each course. Overall, an excellent New Year's Eve meal and highly recommended.

Note: Guerneville forum comments to the contrary, the Applewood sure seemed very gay friendly. At least 2/3 of the dining couples/groups were all-male and everyone seemed to be enjoying their meal. The overall environment seemed very friendly, warm, and inviting.

2 Thank SCalCanz

Santa Rosa
“A great place to eat near the Russian River”
Reviewed November 6, 2004

Some friends took us here last night, and I have to say the food and service are just excellent. Between us we had duck breast, steak with a wonderful mushroom dish and corvina bass, and all were good. The duck breast was tender, which doesn't always happen these days. Their squash-filled ravioli is the best version I've ever had of this popular Fall dish. The desserts were fabulous. We actually brought our own wine ($15 corkage) but the bottles I saw were from some of my favorite winemakers.
Highly recommended!