“Casual Dining on Styrafoam Plates” 3 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Ono'Z
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Guerneville, California
“Casual Dining on Styrafoam Plates”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Food was tasty but they need to get a dishwashing machine to serve on real china and silverware. Great for togo orders if having a picnic

Visited July 2013

Pacifica
“Ono? Yes. Authentic? No”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The food was wonderful with overtones of Hawaii flavors, and I would go again. It's a comfortable clean place. However...after six years living on Oahu....I wouldn't describe it as authentic.

NorCal
“Hawaiian? Nope! It's BETTER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Being avid Traveler's & Hawaiian enthusiasts, we'd found JUST the right place to duck into for Lunch this past weekend. I, personally, am not a huge fan of authentic Hawaiian meal-plates. But, Ono'Z adds their own blend of flavors & it was AMAZING!! I'd recommend it to anyone!! They do need to make sure there's enough syrup on their Shave Ice, but other than that? Perfection! I was snagging lolly-gaggers at the Menu board & convincing them to place an order!!

Visited July 2013
CT
“Genuine Hawaiian food in a genuine Hawaiian setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I love Hawaii and have vacationed there many times over the past 20 years. We were happily surprised when, on a recent wine-country vacation to Sonoma County, CA, we happened to find a parking spot right in front of Ono'z in Guerneville. Upon seeing it as we stepped out of the car, we knew we'd found our lunch spot. Kalua pork was the special of the day and it was delicious. The soba noodles were also really, really good. The video of the Merrie Monarch hula festival on their television was a nice touch. While it is certainly a no frills place, that only makes it more genuinely Hawaiian - there is no place we know of that is more casual or down-to-earth as Hawaii. Loved it.

• Visited July 2013
nebraska/cabo rojo
“New restaurant needs work.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Ono’z Café had a nice write-up in the newspaper so tried it with friends from Tahoe. We all enjoyed it but it could be made a lot better. It is an absolutely no-frills restaurant. No plates (Styrofoam boxes). Plastic forks. Small paper cups of water. Plain concrete floor. I suspect it is designed more for carryout although they do have ample seating inside and out front. My wife and I had lumpia and it was excellent. We also had Tilapia but I suspect it had been precooked. The owner/chef was very pleasant and the service excellent. Another strange twist, after you receive the menu one must go to the cash register up front to order. They advertise as a Hawaiian based menu but it lost me in the translation. Notwithstanding all the foregoing, we would go back.

• Visited September 2012