“Genuine Hawaiian food in a genuine Hawaiian setting”
Review of Ono'Z - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ono'Z
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I love Hawaii and have vacationed there many times over the past 20 years. We were happily surprised when, on a recent wine-country vacation to Sonoma County, CA, we happened to find a parking spot right in front of Ono'z in Guerneville. Upon seeing it as we stepped out of the car, we knew we'd found our lunch spot. Kalua pork was the special of the day and it was delicious. The soba noodles were also really, really good. The video of the Merrie Monarch hula festival on their television was a nice touch. While it is certainly a no frills place, that only makes it more genuinely Hawaiian - there is no place we know of that is more casual or down-to-earth as Hawaii. Loved it.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Ono’z Café had a nice write-up in the newspaper so tried it with friends from Tahoe. We all enjoyed it but it could be made a lot better. It is an absolutely no-frills restaurant. No plates (Styrofoam boxes). Plastic forks. Small paper cups of water. Plain concrete floor. I suspect it is designed more for carryout although they do have ample seating inside and out front. My wife and I had lumpia and it was excellent. We also had Tilapia but I suspect it had been precooked. The owner/chef was very pleasant and the service excellent. Another strange twist, after you receive the menu one must go to the cash register up front to order. They advertise as a Hawaiian based menu but it lost me in the translation. Notwithstanding all the foregoing, we would go back.