In April, 2013 my sister and I took a short road trip and spent one night at the Fern Grove Cottages in Guerneville, CA. We rented a two-bedroom cottage for one night, with kitchen facilities, including a stove and microwave. In addition there was a small gas-fireplace in the living area. As we entered the nostalgic cottage we immediately noticed the authentic linoleum flooring showing a young cowboy on his horse with a lasso twirling. We both laughed as it took us back to our childhood in the 1950's. The entire cabin was decorated in cowboy motif. We took a short drive to the Pacific Ocean - 30 minutes - and purposely stopped in Bodega Bay to buy fresh seafood to prepare back at the cottage. The bedrooms were small, but adequate and the bathroom more than adequate. We were in cabin 19 set back from the highway. The entire grounds were in bloom showing off the English Garden so carefully attended to. The breakfast offered was more of a continental breakfast and there was no evidence of scones or muffins, or lemon curd that previous reviewers mentioned. As we finished breakfast the kitchen sent out biscuits and gravy, but we did not partake. The overall experience was very pleasing and we would return, even staying in the Cowboy Cabin #19. Each cabin, we were told, is styled differently. Originally a 1920's resort it has been nicely updated keeping its charm of yesteryear. Annie the Innkeeper was personable and extremely helpful. Margaret, the owner was a wealth of information on the history of the cottages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fern Grove Cottages were built in the 1920's for vacationing guests visiting the Russian River area from nearby San Francisco. The tradition continues, as Fern Grove Cottages remains the Russian River's best getaway. The cottages have been lovingly restored and most still retain their original knotty pine ambiance and warm yesteryear memories. Everyone is welcome at Fern Grove including well-behaved pets and children, with prior notice.Fern Grove is located just three blocks from the village of Guerneville with its quaint shops and selection of wonderful restaurants. You may also enjoy an easy walk to the nearby swimming beach on the Russian River. And of course our guests are invited to enjoy Fern Grove's heated saline water swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity and HRS so you can book your Fern Grove Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fern Grove Cottages Hotel Guerneville
- Fern Grove Cottages Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County