I and my wife stayed 4 nights at Fern Grove Cottages in September and had a lovely time. The setting and gardens are lovely, the cottages very clean and quiet, and the staff very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was very good with a variety of scones, pastries, cereals, juices, etc. Margaret the innkeeper was very helpful about the local area, including the restaurants. We were there for the scenery but some of the other couples were there for the wine tasting in the area, and Margaret was knowledgeable in both areas. We look forward to staying there again whenever we can.
It is close to Armstrong Redwoods State Preserve (lovely area to walk) and Bodega Bay, another nice seacoast area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fern Grove Cottages were built in the 1920's for vacationing guests visiting the Russian River area from nearby San Francisco. The tradition continues, as Fern Grove Cottages remains the Russian River's best getaway. The cottages have been lovingly restored and most still retain their original knotty pine ambiance and warm yesteryear memories. Everyone is welcome at Fern Grove including well-behaved pets and children, with prior notice.Fern Grove is located just three blocks from the village of Guerneville with its quaint shops and selection of wonderful restaurants. You may also enjoy an easy walk to the nearby swimming beach on the Russian River. And of course our guests are invited to enjoy Fern Grove's heated saline water swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Fern Grove Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fern Grove Cottages Hotel Guerneville
- Fern Grove Cottages Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County