My husband and I stayed here for two nights this past weekend and really enjoyed the stay. The cottages are in a lovely setting with beautiful redwoods and attractive areas of planted trees, shrubs and flowers. We stayed in Cottage #6 which consisted of a small bedroom, living room with gas fireplace and kitchenette which included a refrigerator, sink, counter and microwave. The cottage although rather small, was quite adequate for our needs and tastefully decorated. The lodge has a very nice sitting area with a large table and comfortable chairs for sitting around the fireplace. There are magazines, books and tourist information to browse through. A breakfast is served to guests from 8:30 to 10:00 and it was really very good. There were homemade scones and biscuits. Also included was bagels, english muffins, sweet breads, cookies and pastries. The granola tasted homemade and was delicious. There was yogurt and homemade jams, lemon curd, cream cheese, butter and apple butter. In the evening hot tea was available as well as cream sherry. The inkeepers were pleasant and welcoming. The town of Guerneville is just down the street, so easy access to restaurants, shops, etc. We loved sightseeing in this part of the state. Don't miss seeing Armstrong Redwoods which is just five minutes away and is such a beautiful grove with trails of varying lengths. We also went to the Sonoma Coast and I was amazed at the beauty. Truly one of the most beautiful coastal areas in California! There are several beaches to explore on the Sonoma Coast but we headed down to Bodega Head which is stunning and another great place to walk around! This is a wonderful place to vacation and Fern Grove Cottages makes for a great base to explore the redwoods and coast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fern Grove Cottages were built in the 1920's for vacationing guests visiting the Russian River area from nearby San Francisco. The tradition continues, as Fern Grove Cottages remains the Russian River's best getaway. The cottages have been lovingly restored and most still retain their original knotty pine ambiance and warm yesteryear memories. Everyone is welcome at Fern Grove including well-behaved pets and children, with prior notice.Fern Grove is located just three blocks from the village of Guerneville with its quaint shops and selection of wonderful restaurants. You may also enjoy an easy walk to the nearby swimming beach on the Russian River. And of course our guests are invited to enjoy Fern Grove's heated saline water swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity and HRS so you can book your Fern Grove Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fern Grove Cottages Hotel Guerneville
- Fern Grove Cottages Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County