“Magical & Intoxicating Weekend!”

Santa Nella House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 13 Guerneville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Magical & Intoxicating Weekend!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I hate that it took me this long to review Santa Nella House! So my boyfriend and I went the weekend before Valentine's Day because we were both going to be busy during actual V Day weekend. All that to say we wanted something romantic. He really wanted to be near Russian River Brewing Company and I love wine tasting and outdoor hot tubs surrounded by majestic redwoods! The property is exactly as described - in the middle of everything and yet somehow it maintains a feeling of privacy and seclusion. We chose the blue room (upstairs and directly to the left of the staircase). We arrived late but Bob made sure we were greeted and the next day breakfast was served - pears foster! It was delicious and beautifully presented. That weekend brought some of the heaviest rain California had seen in a long time and we still managed to have an absolutely amazing time. We even had a bit of wet engibe trouble and Bob offered us calming advice. Evening cheese and wine hour is totally unmissable! Bob has superb taste in wine. The reds we had were ridiculously robust and
smooth. The hot tub may have been my favorite. The deck is super slippery so beware but once you're in the tub you never want to leave. We went for a night dip and I went back alone in the morning to listen to some Lana del Rey and do stretches. So good! We lit a fire (logs included in room) and that was super cozy and romantic. We used the wine passes that are included in the booking. They're great! Overall I haven't stopped raving about this place since I got back. Highest recommendation!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at Santa Nella. Tucked in the edge of the redwoods, it felt magical. The room was perfect...clean, bright and comfortable bed. Loved the fireplace in the room and burning a fire each night. Bob was a gracious host and set out wine and cheese each night when we got back. The gourmet breakfasts delighted us each morning. Great accomodations, beatiful place, delicious food, great conversations. Thank you Bob, we will be back! H & D

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 24, 2014

One of the best B&Bs we ever experienced! Bob is a tremendous host & chef and treats you like your family! Bob can give you "spot on" and insightful whinery tips and the jacuzzi is just wunderfull in the morning! Dont even get me started about the breakfast... Due to the location of the house, you avoid the mass tourism of Sonoma/Napa but your still close enough to all types of vineyards.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Osoyoos, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I have never stayed in a B & B before and staying at the Santa Nella House has set a high standard for future B & B experiences. All aspects of our stay led to a quality experience. We loved the fireplace in the bedroom, the robes to wear on the way to the hot tub and the peaceful atmosphere with no TV's in the bedrooms. Bob is an amazing chef and after providing us with a gourmet breakfast helped plan our day. He listened to things we liked and helped guide us in that direction. We will definitely recommend this experience to friends. Thanks Bob, for great time!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heather L
Davis, California
Reviewed March 13, 2014

If you like bed and breakfast, this is a great one. My husband and I went for our 23rd anniversary. There's a wine and these hour, and the house is small so there's real conversation and meeting new people. Then there was sherry after dinner with cookies. And in the morning, the breakfast was outstanding. A full sit-down meal with the guests. Bob, the innkeeper, is an amazing cook, and selected nice wines. In between all that we had a lovely hike in Armstrong Woods, a very good meal at Applewood Inn and Restaurant, all of which Bob pointed us toward. Nice hot tub. Definitely going back and sending friends who like B&Bs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Santa Nella house in early January (Tues-Fri), and it was splendid. Bob made us an amazing frittata the first morning and French toast flambe our last morning. Each day we had amazing homemade granola and mint yogurt with fresh berries. Wine and cheese each evening was excellent, with ripe pears and delicious gourmet cheeses. We loved the hot tub off the back deck, and felt very comfortable in the house. Can't wait to come again!

Room Tip: We loved the library room because it was the closest to the hot tub!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
El Segundo, California, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife Laura, and I stayed at the Santa Nella House in November of 2011 during Thanksgiving week (Sun - Wed) and did the same again this year prior to heading up to Ashland, OR for Thanksgiving. Another fabulous stay and gourmet breakfast's provided by Bob, the owner. Surprisingly we were the only patrons during this visit however Bob had mentioned that things have been a bit slow in the area. Bob was the usual fantastic host offering advice on wineries to visit as well as restaurant recommendations and in fact he made a reservation for us at the "River's End" restaurant in Jenner (excellent restaurant btw).

I unfortunately had to spend all day Monday and again Tuesday morning working on my computer and Bob had no problem with me essentially taking over his front room with my laptop and work stuff. He even brought me coffee well before the 9a breakfast time as he saw that I was up early and having to work!

All 3 breakfasts were fantastic however on our final morning (Wed) he made us bananas foster, which was amazing! Each and every night he had cookies and sherry out and the 3 of us shared a bottle of wine on our final evening together!

Another fabulous stay at Santa Nella House and can't wait to stay there again, but this time it won't be a 2 year interval before our next stay as we're hoping to get back up there next spring.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guerneville
Farmhouse Inn
#1 of 13 in Guerneville
Sonoma Orchid Inn
Sonoma Orchid Inn
#5 of 13 in Guerneville

Been to Santa Nella House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!