“Just perfect for couples”

West Sonoma Inn & Spa
Ranked #10 of 12 Guerneville B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were there in January and got upgraded to a room with jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking the vineyard. This was our second time there in 2 years and both stays were perfect. The rooms are lovely and rather big with a fireplace and the staff is just great. Nice massages to be booked as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jardinain

Reviewed January 19, 2013

A nice experience for a mini girls' getaway. My friend and I had a nice room with kitchenette with lovely balcony and view of the area. Courtney, the hotel receptionist, was a wonderfully helpful tour guide. We were the only guests so had the place to ourselves and it was very quiet and relaxing. The spa part is not really a spa, but just massage rooms. That was a little disappointing as I had expected steam and sauna rooms. I had one of the best massages ever. We bought the package through Travelzoo and it was well worth the price. We also enjoyed free wine tastings through the voucher. The weather was unseasonably cold. Although the staff turned the heaters on in our room and the massage room before we arrived, they were not heated enough and we were chilly. Our room did get warm enough eventually. It is located right off the main street in Guerneville so was very convenient. It is not a fancy place with luxurious ammenities, but with all the basics nicely done. Overall, it was a very nice experience and I would stay there again. A big thank you to Courtney for good service, helpful tourist advice and gorgeous smile.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My best friend and I booked a "Girlfriend Getaway" package and loved the package (free wine tasting passes) and the Inn itself. The suite, bed, floor, etc. were clean and I slept like a baby (maybe it was all the wine we drank) the two nights we were there. Our room had a balcony overlooking the forest, vineyard and picnic area it was so serene and quiet.

The Inn was walking distance to the restaurant, grocery store and bars. It was also very close to the Redwood Forest which is a MUST SEE! We definitely will go back with our husbands or another girls weekend with more ladies in tow :)

Totally recommend this place to anyone!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The accommodations are clean but just not as upscale as I expected. We paid more because of the weekend rate on Travelzoo, which outpriced the good deal I felt we were getting. It was a good experience, I just expected a better deal because of the way it was presented. We did enjoy the free winery tastings that were offered and the staff is also very helpful and professional.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynette T
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We booked this hotel on a groupon deal and I loved it. The hotel grounds are lovely with a perfect little vineyard in the back with a picnic area. We had a very nice suite with a sitting room (including fridge and microwave) and the softest bed ever with a fluffy comforter. Well, *I* loved the bed but my husband who likes to sleep on a rock hated it. He can write his own review. I also loved the fireplace in the room...it was all just so cozy!
The ladies at reception were great help getting us around town and to the wineries on the map. There's also a redwood forest a very short distance away if you want to enjoy a walk among the giants, which we did on our way out of town.
Sadly the one day/night we spent here was one day too short as we just weren't able to enjoy all that the hotel offers. I do have to say that there's just not much going on in town so unless you love sleepy villages two days would probably be just enough.
Funny....of all we did and all the fantastic wine we tasted, all I'm day-dreaming about is dozing off in that big soft bed with the fireplace going..... :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here over 2 years ago and didn't hesitate to book again, we really enjoyed our stay. This time we stayed or a whole week, room 126 which had a full kitchen and view of be vineyards, it was idyllic and perfect for our needs. High level of cleanliness and the weekend in the reception area was lovely with freshly baked pastries, fruit, cheese, coffee and juice.
The owners and staff are friendly and really helpful, with a genuine concern for making your stay as comfortable as possible. We loved the heated pool and feeling of serenity and the town of Guerneville is footsteps away where I recommend Safeway for shopping, Pat's Cafe and Coffee Bazaar for breakfast and the Taco Truck for lunch. I'm sure we'll be back .

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy S
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I can't say enough about this great property! The location put us within blocks of everywhere we went. the lobby and outdoor areas were so well done.Truely peaceful and beautiful in an understated way. There was a lovely wine tasting event one evening and a unique and delicious continental breakfast served in the morning with great coffee. There is a very nice pool area the kids enjoyed. Our suite included a real kitchen with a fridge we kept our picnic supplies and wine cool. The beds and linens were top notch. Guerneville has such excellent restaurants, great river access beach(Johnson's Beach) where we rented paddle boats. Armstrong woods State park offers lovely day hikes and the nearby wineries were as beautiful as they were delicious. A short drive to the coastal communities added another wonderful aspect to our trip.This trip was the hilight of our summer and my year!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank christine2222
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guerneville
15 mi away
#4 of 12 in Guerneville
Fern Grove Cottages
Fern Grove Cottages
#1 of 12 in Guerneville

Been to West Sonoma Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!