“Good time and it's free......”

Korbel Champagne Cellars
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Guerneville
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stopped in for a tasting and to relax for a bit after a day of wine-tasting closer to town. This place is fantastic. The people serving samples were knowledgeable and fun. Totally no pressure and the champagne is very affordable. We have noticed that the price of a tasting at most wineries has climbed to over $10. This was refreshing in that it was free and you could buy a chilled bottle right from their cooler. It is not great champagne, but it was a highlight of our day and we bought 4 bottles to have with friends that evening. .

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Although my husband and I did not get to do any tasting here because we were passing this place on our way home the property is beautiful. We stopped by to see if there was a gift shop for last minute gift for my mother in law (which there was not) and took a couple of pictures. The tasting rm and the deliccatesin (sp?) was very nice. Maybe next time I'll actually get a drink.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We really enjoyed Korbel. We have visited wineries in many countries but thought Korbel had a real story to tell of the three brothers and their immense efforts so many years ago. The old train station start is good planning to start the tour. The way the old methods, tools and machinery have been preserved and recorded is very good. French houses could learn from Korbel.

Not sure I liked the end product compared to European wines, but that is not the reason to go! It is the family story and the achievement of transforming a logging site to a vineyard and their becoming the wine of choice for US weddings.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I live in California and I am surrounded by winery's. What stood out about this winery tour was the short informational film they showed to us on the tour. I have always wondered why they were allowed to call their sparkling wine Champagne since it clearly is not from Champagne, France and I got the answer through the film. The tasting room is free and of good size. They have a good selection of "Champagne" and VERY good prices! You can also do a tour of their gardens.
Also a very good deli right next door to the tasting room.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had been told by a native of Sonoma "you must have lunch at the Korbel Cellars Deli. He was absolutely right. Very tasty heft sandwiches and sparkling wine by the glass. Had the Tri-tip with gorgonzola and the pulled pork. I give both an A. The patio set among the beautiful landscaping and trees made me want to come back to this special spot.