On Wednesday May 7th we checked into this motel for our 4th wedding anniversary. We were only in the room for about 25 minutes. With most of the time bringing in our luggage. I was on my way to the lobby to get the WiFi code when I stepped down the steps of our room and turned a corner. I didn't notice a big large decorator rock and I think my shoe got caught underneath the rock and I went flying and landed on my head and knee. I had hit the bone on my eyebrow. Needless to say I was very shakened up and decided to drive home 2 hours away. I was in too much pain to enjoy myself and felt better being home and calling my doctor.
When my husband told the owner of our decision to leave he said he would only charge for a room cleaning and the tax. This morning I checked my credit card and the full bill of $168 had been charged to my card. I called the owner and asked why and he said I would get a refund and only charged $49 plus tax.. I think he should have just told us to go home and relax and we wouldn't be charged for anything. We were only in the room for about 25 minutes. Not very good will being that I was so hurt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer our guests the chance to escape the ordinary and experience a unique hotel in a diverse and breathtaking destination. Whether it is canoeing on the river, biking the backroads, touring a world class winery, hiking the redwood forests or strolling along the beaches of Bodega Bay, you will return each evening to enjoy s’mores under a sky full of stars at Cottages on River Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Cottages on River Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages On River Road Hotel Guerneville
- Cottages On River Road Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County