We stayed at the Cottages for 4 nights. I absolutely loved staying there. The staff was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of the area. It may be off the beaten path (which is what the husband and I like), but it is close to many wineries, the Armstrong Redwoods and highway 1. In the evening we hung out around the campfire (did I mention they have Resse peanut butter cups for smores?!) and made some new friends. There is a brewery walking distance and the main town restaurants and stores a very short drive away. The only downside is for light sleepers, the walls are thin and you can hear River rd. noise. We just had a sound machine on our phone to sleep with and slept just fine. (Another, pricier place we stayed also on River Rd. was worse with traffic noise than the Cottages). The bathroom amenities are nice, liquid soap, nice shampoo, condition and lotion. The room was very clean.
I would only recommend to the owners that the sheets were a bit scratchy, the bed was worn/dented and after 4 mornings breakfast needed a little more variety. These weren't deal breakers, but I would definitely return with these changes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer our guests the chance to escape the ordinary and experience a unique hotel in a diverse and breathtaking destination. Whether it is canoeing on the river, biking the backroads, touring a world class winery, hiking the redwood forests or strolling along the beaches of Bodega Bay, you will return each evening to enjoy s’mores under a sky full of stars at Cottages on River Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Cottages on River Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages On River Road Hotel Guerneville
- Cottages On River Road Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County