“Super Clean and Very nice!”

Cottages on River Road
Ranked #3 of 12 Guerneville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed in the family cottage recently and it was perfect for 3-4 people! Cute little living room and everything was spotless. They build a fire outside at night and bring smores out and the place is conveniently located in the trees but also close to town. It is on the road, but we didnt hear any noise.

The continental breakfast could have used a toaster, as I dont like to eat my bagels without toasting them, but it was fine for what it is.

We left a shirt in our room and they are mailing it to us. It was a really great experience and I highly recommend the place.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank concertgoer0917

Reviewed March 18, 2012

VERY nice cabins that face into a serene courtyard. I have traveled extensively and highly recommend this property! The property staff were very pleasant and helpful! You will be pleasantly surprised by this property!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Suze1907
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My experience at Cottages on River Road was splendid. Not only do they provide continental breakfast, you can roast marshmellows and make s'mores over the open fire pit among a sky full of stars. From folding the towels in an elegant fan design to tying the garbage into a bow instead of a knot, the attention to detail makes you feel important. Not to mention the massage here was one of the best I have had comparing world wide to the massage I've had at a SPA Resort from Shanghai to Palo Alto. I will definitely come back with my friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lan L
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Adorable, comfortable and well-managed. A lot of thought has gone into providing for the traveler's comfort. I love to warm my milk for morning coffee, provided in the cabin; voila! a microwave. The cabins have individual personalities with unique touches. Shower pressure was awesome. The massage room and masseuse truly provided an oasis of relaxation after driving. The cheerful, friendly staff handled our group of 15 with nearly-invisible but always- present service. The fireside s'mores provided an opportunity to meet other travelers and to do some star gazing. What a lovely signature touch. Go. Such a pleasant experience. I look forward to returning soon. Diane

Room Tip: Bedrooms facing the garden.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Diane640
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Clean, quiet, very friendly staff. Cabin was furnished like someone's upscale home - spacious, very comfortable and relaxing. Loved it. Would not hesitate to recommend it to someone else. All amenities worked wonderfully (wifi, tv) Couldn't believe it was not more expensive (after coming from San Francisco, seemed a bargain.) My husband and picked it to combine his need to put in a little work via computer with our wine tasting trip through Sonoma County.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anniooooo
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I must start off the review by saying I work in a hotel and that makes me extra picky. With that being said, I enjoyed this place. The customer service was AMAZING. The massage was by far the best I have ever had!! We didn't have the breakfast, but I peeked and it was a decent spread (I am not a continental breakfast person). The cottages were charming and worth the price. Now comes the picky part...the bathroom products provided in the room could use a serious upgrade, I suggest bringing your own. The closet needs a light and the heater was either scorching hot or cold. Again, this is me scrutinizing the place...

Now if I was to review Guerneville on its own, I would give it 3 stars, maybe 2 1/2. The BF and I like to enjoy wine or drinks with dinner and the lack of transportation in this town is a reason we will likely not return. There are TWO cabs (not cab companies, CABS!!) in the town and I must really be a city girl cause waiting over a half an hour for a cab really killed my wine buzz. If you want to sit in room and relax or are incredibly patient...or have a sober driver, then this place and this town are for you...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debandmikesf
Reviewed January 16, 2012

After reading the reviews, I rented a garden studio but was upgraded to a River Road cottage (#12). The cottage was spacious, well decorated and clean. I expressed my concern about the road noise and was assured that because the bedroom was on the garden side of the cottage that it wouldn't be bad. Bad is all relative. There was plenty of muted road noise. Thanks goodness for ear plugs.

The staff was pleasant and I got my kitty fix after meeting Frank the cat. The River Road cottage doesn't get much morning sun so if you go in the winter months be assured that it will be very very cold and damp in the morning! We had a wall heater and it had one setting-on or off so that's what we kept doing-turning it off and on. Would have been nice to have a space heater in the bathroom as that never quite got warm enough. Did like the wet bar.

The location was close to everything. Had dinner at Chef Patrick's, shot pool at the Rainbow Cattle Co. and drove the few minutes back to the cottage the first night. Went to the coast for the day on Saturday and after check out on Sunday we hit Armstrong Woods before heading out of town.

If you are looking for a clean, basic place to stay, this is the place for you. If you want to stay in a quiet, warm, sunny place , go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Not sure if any of the rooms are immune from the consistent road noise but if you want the most quie...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank koolforkats
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guerneville
Bodega Bay Lodge
#2 of 5 in Bodega Bay
Applewood Inn
Applewood Inn
#4 of 12 in Guerneville

Been to Cottages on River Road? Share your experiences!