I must start off the review by saying I work in a hotel and that makes me extra picky. With that being said, I enjoyed this place. The customer service was AMAZING. The massage was by far the best I have ever had!! We didn't have the breakfast, but I peeked and it was a decent spread (I am not a continental breakfast person). The cottages were charming and worth the price. Now comes the picky part...the bathroom products provided in the room could use a serious upgrade, I suggest bringing your own. The closet needs a light and the heater was either scorching hot or cold. Again, this is me scrutinizing the place...
Now if I was to review Guerneville on its own, I would give it 3 stars, maybe 2 1/2. The BF and I like to enjoy wine or drinks with dinner and the lack of transportation in this town is a reason we will likely not return. There are TWO cabs (not cab companies, CABS!!) in the town and I must really be a city girl cause waiting over a half an hour for a cab really killed my wine buzz. If you want to sit in room and relax or are incredibly patient...or have a sober driver, then this place and this town are for you...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer our guests the chance to escape the ordinary and experience a unique hotel in a diverse and breathtaking destination. Whether it is canoeing on the river, biking the backroads, touring a world class winery, hiking the redwood forests or strolling along the beaches of Bodega Bay, you will return each evening to enjoy s’mores under a sky full of stars at Cottages on River Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Cottages on River Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages On River Road Hotel Guerneville
- Cottages On River Road Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County