“Best Biscuits!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Just tried their Ginger Ale and homemade biscuits. It was probably the best biscuit I ever had. Decor inside made me think we were eating in Portland.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I were really craving some ice cream. It was nice that the market was conveniently located down the road from where we were staying and satisfied our craving for ice cream.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Unbelievable biscuits & breakfast sandwiches. My wife loved her ham & cheese biscuit & I really enjoyed their breakfast panini.

Coffee is a little weak.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Vietnamese sandwich was awesome. My friend had curried chicken sandwich she loved, but the items we tried the next day were disappointing. Definitely worth a look and a try.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Tired from a day of driving and wine tasting, we stopped in on a Monday at 4:25 pm (they close at 5:00 pm) hoping to do some one-stop shopping for a gourmet picnic/early dinner to enjoy back at the hotel by the pool. Unfortunately, they had decided to stop making sandwiches thirty minutes before closing shop for the day.

Equally annoying was the fact that the shelves of this "market" were rather bare and lacking in provisions. I understand wanting to offer a carefully edited selection of products, but rather than looking curated, the shelves here at Big Bottom looked sad and empty.

We did manage to find some marcona almonds and nicoise olives (all of the packages were leaking), but there was no bread and no cheese in sight. Yes, there were several salads, but nothing that caught our eye. When drinking wine, we primarily crave bread and cheese, not salad. We would have been better off at the Safeway. Instead, we ventured to the Korbel deli and viola! Cow Girl Creamery cheese, a nice baguette, a small salami and more olives. Boom! Done!

I love the idea of this place, but the execution seems to need work. Clearly we should have stopped by earlier in the day, but the place shouldn't look cleaned out thirty minutes before closing.

I would have killed for a small package of Boon's wonderful lavender shortbread cookies, but alas, nothing like that was available.

2  Thank RedHairedGal