“My favorite place on earth”

Armstrong Redwood State Reserve
Book In Advance
More Info
$199.20*
and up
Small Group Sonoma Redwoods and Wine Tour
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Guerneville
More attraction details
Owner description: A nature reserve that boasts soaring redwood trees.
Moraga, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“My favorite place on earth”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Those trees..the serenity..best when there aren't a bunch of kiddies around. Not that kids shouldn't get to appreciate it, but maybe they should have a kid's hour, and then make people sign a vow of silence. I take the exact same pictures every year, but I can't help myself; I want to capture the beauty and serenity, and bring it home with me, but the best I can do is use a picture as my screen wallpaper!

North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A great redwood reserve just one hour from San Franscisco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I made a short side trip while may wife and I were visiting Santa Rosa in August, 2013. I wanted to go to Redwoods National Park but it was 4 hours away. I saw a brochure about Armstrong Redwood State Reserve and decided to go there. It was Awesome!!!! The tallest redwood was 308' compared to 350' at the national part, but when you are looking up that high I doubt you can tell much of a difference. The hiking trails are great and well marked. While the parking lot was full, the trails were not crowded because of the size of the park. If you are visiting San Fransicisco or the wine country you owe it to your shelf to visit this park!

Rancho Mirage, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Well kept nice park and trails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

nothing to dislike, very convenient parking and for short hike (first day) and long, steep hike (second day)

Ventura County, USA
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Short walking trails with deer visible even in the midst of noisy crowds.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Beautiful spot for a walk but suggest going after school starts in the fall when the yelling running children are back at school. Even so, we saw deer walking through the woods. Well marked and paved trails make this an easy place to bring strollers and wheelchairs. I suggest parking at the visitors center for free because you won't walk any further than if you park within the woods. If we had time we would have veered away from the crowds on some steeper trails.

North Attleboro, Massachusetts
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Beautiful morning walk through the Redwoods”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Visited in August 2013. This is about a 35 minute drive from Healdsburg and we tied this in with a visit to Iron Horse which is about 15 minutes away in Sebastapol.

We were on east coast time and looking for something to do in the mornings and the park opens at 8 am. There is no fee if you park in the main lot and walk in.

The main Pioneer trail with take you in about 1 1/2 miles and it is a relative flat walk. Other trails can be steep. But anyone can navigate the main trail out and back.

Quiet and peaceful with just a few people out this early in the morning.

Well worth you time.