The Applewood Inn is a lovely property. Kudos to the housekeeping staff and the service staff in the excellent restaurant. However, it needs to do more to meet the price point.
As an in with an "over 21" policy on age, we expected some wine and basic appetizers in the evening. There were none. Also, the coffee and tea service was not on throughout the evening nor were there the small cookies or deserts usually offered in a inn of this caliber.
The fireplace was never lit in the main room. This was a great disappointment as it would have been a lovely place to sit and visit. Instead, it was cold and uninviting.
As we stayed past Thanksgiving, some holiday decorations were in order but there were none. Most of the time the management was missing.
The door between the original dining room and the swimming pool, spa area needs adjustment as I caught my thumb in it and received a nasty gash.
It appears the inn rests on the laurels of its excellent restaurant. But that is not enough for a B & B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Mediterranean villa in the heart of the Russian River wine appellation, home to some of the world's best Pinot Noir & Chardonnay grapes.The inn offers deluxe accommodations beneath the Redwoods. Pool, Hot-tub, Massage, Picnic Baskets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Applewood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applewood Hotel Guerneville
- Applewood Inn Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County