We have stayed at many hotels around the world and were looking forward to this hotel at $375/night. We were greeted (after finally locating reception), checked into the hotel, offered tea, water, or wine and we chose a chardonnay which was very good. After that, it was all down hill. When asked for information about staying at the hotel, without moving she pointed to her left and then right, then "over there" for the pool, access to the pedestrian bridge to town (through a garden we were never shown) no shuttle; no explanation about the grounds or hotel, Pool had abandoned vacuum in it and hot tub (still covered) could have used cleaning. Hot tub didn't work until someone fixed it (5 min. before locking doors to hotel) and then only partially worked.No bell hop so bags have to be carried from parking up long sidewalk, down stairs, across loosely graveled courtyard, upstairs (no elevator) to room. Parking is limited due to popular restaurant. What??? Limited parking for guests??? Finally found some bushes to park against to get out of road. The hotel locks up at night. No staff on site, so don't want anything during the night. I asked what if we need something and were asked "what are you going to need?" What??? She said if we had to have something call the owners; number is by the phone. Only people at hotel are guests and if you aren't in the main part of hotel, you can't access the sitting area, lobby, etc. Asked for hangers upon check in, never came. No bottled water in room. Refused to ship our wine ("we don't do that"). No shower, tub only. Very limited area for clothes. Have to go to reception or restaurant for coffee. Impression: give us your money, but don't bother us. We don't have time for you. I feel the problem is with the owners which is reflected by the staff. Spend your money elsewhere. A lot of people will appreciate it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Mediterranean villa in the heart of the Russian River wine appellation, home to some of the world's best Pinot Noir & Chardonnay grapes.The inn offers deluxe accommodations beneath the Redwoods. Pool, Hot-tub, Massage, Picnic Baskets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Applewood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applewood Hotel Guerneville
- Applewood Inn Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County