I love the welcome sign to Guerneville, CA ... "Welcome to Guerneville, a hate-free community." That was the start to a fantastic weekend along the Russian River, Sonoma Valley, and up the Highway 1 past Jenner to Ft. Ross. Guerneville is a wonderful, peaceful small town with access to the Russian River and the entrance to the Anderson Redwoods State Park. While Guerneville itself is very casual and laid back, I would chararcterize the Applewood Inn as very relaxing with a touch of Italian countryside elegance. Combined with dinner and breakfast (the latter which is included), the Inn is a great weekend getaway. I think each of the rooms are unique. Ours was #15 and as I understand was just recently rennovated. Small in size but very comfortable with gas fireplace and king-size temperpedic bed. I would probably opt for a room with its own separate bathroom/bathtub and patio however. The restaurant in my opinion is 5 stars. For dinner, I had the squash soup and miso cod and for breakfast, french toast. Both meals were great. Simple, healthy, flavorable and elegant for dinner. And the french toast and bacon for breakfast were delicious. The inn is a 1/2 hour drive to Jenner (where the Russian River meets the Pacific Ocean). Plenty to do in the area and is about 10 minutes from the Korbel winery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Mediterranean villa in the heart of the Russian River wine appellation, home to some of the world's best Pinot Noir & Chardonnay grapes.The inn offers deluxe accommodations beneath the Redwoods. Pool, Hot-tub, Massage, Picnic Baskets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Applewood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applewood Hotel Guerneville
- Applewood Inn Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County