“Boon Hotel, where simplicity meets comfort.”
Review of boon hotel & spa

boon hotel & spa
Ranked #7 of 12 Guerneville B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 8, 2009

My wife and I needed a weekend away and we hopped on Trip Advisor. After a little exploration we came upon Boon Hotel. A quick phone call to Jill and we were set up. She was so friendly and nice, I told my wife I thought we should have a drink with her when we got up to Guerneville.
The rooms are simple and cute. We had everything we needed and the staff (Sue) is excellent. We decided to have dinner at the Hotel's restaurant 'Boon eat + drink' in town. The food was great! Rustic food and a neat atmosphere.
Guernville is a cute quaint town. Castro north if you know what I mean. Love the spot and love Boon.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank anthonyschipper

Reviewed October 26, 2009

Great service and attention to your needs. Simple, relaxing and fun. My wife and I really enjoyed staying here. Sat out by the pool reading magazines and snacking on food we picked up along the way. Had a great swedish massage that almost put me to sleep!
We had dinner at Boon eat + drink - the food was fantastic - very flavorful.
Rooms were simple and functional. loved the fireplace. Bed very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for the weekend and had a very relaxing time. Each staff member was polite and helpful (including Boon, the dog). The free WIFI worked perfectly. The location was ideal to explore the redwoods and downtown. We enjoyed the IKEA look of the rooms and common areas.

The pool and hottub were our favorites parts of the stay.

My only complaint (preventing 5 stars) was the size of the shower. I kept banging my elbow. I could only imagine what a person over 6 foot tall would experience in that shower.

In all, we had a pleasant stay at Boon.

1  Thank SeaJonathan
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Boon is the best in Guerneville. I would have given it 4.5 stars but TripAdvisor can't do half stars.

I fell in love with this place starting with the website. Good marketing goes a long way. It's tucked away from the main street of Guerneville and is close to the hills and big redwoods. Cottages are cute and all centered around the pool and jacuzzi. Everything is modern and simple. Not overdone. Our bed was plush and very comfortable. They are big on eco-friendly products as well. Our room was spacious and if you go during the winter, they have a fireplace. Our room had a patio in the back too, but we spent most of our time at the pool. The only deduction I gave was on the size of the shower in the bathroom. It was teeny tiny and my husband kept banging his elbows on the knobs and hanging basket holding the soap. It also would have been nice to have a table or stand to put our suitcase on rather than everything having to go on the floor. I guess that's what happens with simple design sometimes.The other partial deduction would probably be the noise. Which wasn't horrible but the first night we slept with our sliding door open for the breeze and the people in the jacuzzi kind of were noisy. But they do offer ear plugs in each room and the people quieted down at a reasonable hour. It was better the second night.

They serve a light breakfast in the mornings by the pool. Coffee, OJ, teas...One morning it was baked goods and fruit. Another morning bagels and all the fixings.

The owners (mother/daughter team) are so welcoming and accommodating. Boon, the namesake dog, does his job being adorable, but definitely has his priorities set on his frisbee.

I would highly recommend a stay here. It's a great value and relaxing getaway. And they're dog-friendly!

1  Thank hapasf
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Boon is a fantastic find -- we are very picky travellers but recommend this without reservation. The visual design is great - it's a mix of zen, Redwood Forest and modernity without attitude. The rooms are spiffy new (our bathroom was fine though a bit under the standard of the room over all in fit & finish). Pool and breakfast great, massages well done and the owners are gems! Only downside is that it's on a noisy road, but it quiets at night. Ask for a room away from the main road if this might bother you. Great, great, great.

Reviewed August 10, 2009

I truly enjoyed this little boutique spa, by far the best in the area and I've stayed in four other places nearby. The crowd was a nice mix of gay and straight couples. The location is perfect, great breakfast with probably the best coffee in the area. The staff were always attentive and full of advice. The pool area is very relaxed, only annoyance were two screaming kds terrorising the pool and the parents unable to control them, but this is not the hotel's fault, And if you stay for more than three days, the music by the pool is very repetitive.
Area for improvement: the spa is only two tiny rooms where massages and facials are given, there are no telephones in the room and the mobile signal often fails, the shower is very small and we struggled to find space to unpack our clothes.
Overall, highly recommended for the area

Reviewed July 9, 2009

The boon is a gem. It's cute, modern and fun, and the staff is delightful.

The units themselves are "mini" bungalows, well restored in a minimalist style. Our room was a queen suite, which was clean and spacious enough. There was a mini fridge and i-pod dock, and the linens were crisp and comfortable. The bathrooms are on the tiny side, however.

The 14 bungalows on the property encircle a common pool area, which was the hub of activity during the day. Every morning a lovely continental breakfast was served on the pool deck. Cold water and an honor bar was available all day for poolside lounging.

The best part of our days wine touring was returning to the hotel to enjoy the afternoon sun on the pool deck and be entertained by the resident dog, Boon. It was great to see such a relaxed attitude about dogs (so many places are just too uptight) and a few of the other guests brought their canine companions along on their vacation. Note to self that I will be bringing mine along if I return!

The owners of the hotel also run a great little restaurant in town (boon eat + drink)....hands down the best place to eat in town! We did picnic takeout one day and dinner another. Free corkage for guests.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guerneville
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
#4 of 12 in Guerneville
West Sonoma Inn & Spa
West Sonoma Inn & Spa
#10 of 12 in Guerneville

Been to boon hotel & spa? Share your experiences!