My partner and I have stayed at The Woods on several occasions over the past eight years or so and we keep coming back. Michael and Verna (the owners) have rooms for everyone ranging from the frugal vacationer (rooms in the bunkhouse) to those who want to splurge on apartment-like accommodations with kitchens and patios. We stayed in the bunkhouse! It was, as usual, clean, cozy and comfortable with a queen size bed, shower and bathroom, television and remote and free wireless internet access. The grounds are immaculate and the plants surrounding the pool area are a sight to behold. There's always a fine selection of men around the clothing-optional pool area during the day. Complimentary tanning lotion and moisturizer is provided poolside. The resort tends to attract a friendly clientele - not the party types - so we always make friends with other guests and this time was no exception. We went to dnner with another couple who was staying there and met a second couple from our local area with whom we have stayed in touch. Although continental breakfast isn't provided, there are several excellent eateries within 5-minutes walk. If there is one thing we would add to the amenities that could be provided it would be a microwave oven. Perhaps Michael and Verna might consider making one available so that guests can make quick, cheap meals without going to a restaurant. A fantastic place to stay and we highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Woods Resort is the perfect answer for a relaxing, rejuvenating and (perhaps) slightly "spirited" escape to the Russian River. The Woods, centrally located in downtown Guerneville, is situated between the tall, swaying redwood trees and the hypnotic flow of the splendid Russian River for the ideal getaway.Within walking distance to shops, restaurants, dancing and live entertainment, The Woods Resort sits in a quiet corner bend of Fifes Creek. The serenity of the grounds will enchant and lull you, with rooms and suites outfitted with the highest quality amenities.The Woods Resort offers cottages, free-standing guest cabins and multi-room suites with full kitchens, gas fireplaces, private balconies and stunning views of lush redwood forests. The resort has one of the largest swimming pools in the area, has full sun all day long. With an outdoor fireplace, stone fountains and romantically lighted landscaping, your stay at The Woods is guaranteed to make you forget the chaos of the real world.Your hosts, Michael and Verna, are veterans of the local customer service industry with a familiarity of all the area has to offer in the way of recreation, adventure, wine tasting, dining, spa treatments and entertainment. They are happy to help you plan an exciting, memorable stay at the Russian River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your The Woods Resort at the Russian River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woods Resort At The Russian River Hotel Guerneville
- The Woods Resort At The Russian River Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County