Went to do some kayaking with my girlfriend for her birthday and needed a place to stay on a Saturday that was also close to the ocean. The price was the best I could come up with given the geographical location I needed so I booked a basic unit. First impression of the basic unit is that it was very clean albeit small. No problem. The bed was comfortable and the hotel is located within walking distance of Safeway and kayaking rental places. Now I'm not so naive as to think that no one has sex while on vacation in a hotel room. Especially when the hotel furnishes complimentary condoms in the bathroom. But when we were looking for my girlfriends earring and instead found a used condom under the bed....that automatically lowers the review rating. I guess this was a complimentary used condom. Might just make this a day trip next time...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Woods Resort is the perfect answer for a relaxing, rejuvenating and (perhaps) slightly "spirited" escape to the Russian River. The Woods, centrally located in downtown Guerneville, is situated between the tall, swaying redwood trees and the hypnotic flow of the splendid Russian River for the ideal getaway.Within walking distance to shops, restaurants, dancing and live entertainment, The Woods Resort sits in a quiet corner bend of Fifes Creek. The serenity of the grounds will enchant and lull you, with rooms and suites outfitted with the highest quality amenities.The Woods Resort offers cottages, free-standing guest cabins and multi-room suites with full kitchens, gas fireplaces, private balconies and stunning views of lush redwood forests. The resort has one of the largest swimming pools in the area, has full sun all day long. With an outdoor fireplace, stone fountains and romantically lighted landscaping, your stay at The Woods is guaranteed to make you forget the chaos of the real world.Your hosts, Michael and Verna, are veterans of the local customer service industry with a familiarity of all the area has to offer in the way of recreation, adventure, wine tasting, dining, spa treatments and entertainment. They are happy to help you plan an exciting, memorable stay at the Russian River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your The Woods Resort at the Russian River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woods Resort At The Russian River Hotel Guerneville
- The Woods Resort At The Russian River Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County