I was up from San Francisco with a friend for a couple days of R&R and was looking for a cheap motel. I'm so glad that I chose The Woods as I got much more than I bargained for. The whole experience was wonderful and just kept getting better. There was ample off-street parking. The grounds were gorgeous, with an impressive diversity of container gardening; their beauty and marvelous scents creating a pleasing and relaxing atmosphere throughout. The staff was very welcoming, knowledgeable, and helpful regarding local information. Michael was the consummate host. Our stay was mid-week just prior to the "season" kick off, and my impression is that there were only two other couples as guests. Even so, Michael laid a beautiful fire in the outdoor fireplace adjacent to the pool. The guests spontaneously gathered with drinks fireside. The cool night air, the warm glow of the crackling fire, and the glowing cinders climbing into a star-filled night sky all made for an experience well beyond anything I could have imagined. As an additional treat for the senses I availed myself of the opportunity to have a brief aux natural dip in the pool. The vibe was welcoming, helpful, and inclusive. The experience was extraordinary and will always be remembered as having become more than the sum of its parts. I need to do this more often; and now I know the best place for me to go. The Woods is truly my newfound "little slice of heaven".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Woods Resort is the perfect answer for a relaxing, rejuvenating and (perhaps) slightly "spirited" escape to the Russian River. The Woods, centrally located in downtown Guerneville, is situated between the tall, swaying redwood trees and the hypnotic flow of the splendid Russian River for the ideal getaway.Within walking distance to shops, restaurants, dancing and live entertainment, The Woods Resort sits in a quiet corner bend of Fifes Creek. The serenity of the grounds will enchant and lull you, with rooms and suites outfitted with the highest quality amenities.The Woods Resort offers cottages, free-standing guest cabins and multi-room suites with full kitchens, gas fireplaces, private balconies and stunning views of lush redwood forests. The resort has one of the largest swimming pools in the area, has full sun all day long. With an outdoor fireplace, stone fountains and romantically lighted landscaping, your stay at The Woods is guaranteed to make you forget the chaos of the real world.Your hosts, Michael and Verna, are veterans of the local customer service industry with a familiarity of all the area has to offer in the way of recreation, adventure, wine tasting, dining, spa treatments and entertainment. They are happy to help you plan an exciting, memorable stay at the Russian River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Woods Resort at the Russian River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woods Resort At The Russian River Hotel Guerneville
- The Woods Resort At The Russian River Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County