“Good BBQ, Great View, Cold Beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Bones Roadhouse - CLOSED

Bones Roadhouse
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norfolk, Massachusetts
“Good BBQ, Great View, Cold Beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

The smoked turkey wings were a very good way to start! Had the pulled pork and beef brisket sandwiches. We asked for them dry so that we could add the amount of sauce to our liking and were very happy with the flavors! The buns were very good as well - soft and well suited to the sandwiches. Lots of meat! Out of the sauces we liked the mild better than the hot (and we're usually hot fans) because it had a much nicer flavor. The corn bread was dry (made as a muffin) and really not worth getting. The mac and cheese was nothing to right home about either. The waitress and bartender were both very good an helpful. Bathrooms were clean and are entered from outside the building. Would go again, especially for a beer and the view! Potato chips very good but they should put some malt vinegar on the table to splash on the chips to give them an extra oomph.

Estes Park, Colorado
“try the pototoe chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We visited Bones again this year while staying in Sea Ranch. It is never the same, sometimes good sometimes not. But this year, the place was crowded as usual but the staff accommodated us (4 adults and 2 children) very pleasantly. But the best was the fish and chips with the fresh beer battered local fish and the real potato chips. We all had a great meal and would recommend this place to anyone needing a place that is child friendly and staff friendly. I almost wrote it off for good last year but I am glad we gave it another try.

Northern California
“Dem Bones”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

There is a good reason Bones Roadhouse is the number one rated restaurant in Gualala – the food is excellent.

My wife & I each started with a half Cesar salad ($6.95) which was tasty and plenty of salad for a starter.

My wife ordered the half rack of St Louis style pork ribs ($19.95) with a mac-n-cheese side. The half rack was a large serving. The meaty ribs were cooked to perfection as the meat fell off the bones and had a nice smoked flavor. My wife said these were likely the best ribs she has ever had – and she is a rib lover. The mac-n-cheese and corn bread got no raves and were left mostly intact on her plate.

I opted for the full New Mexico Chop ($13.95) with beans and coleslaw for sides. The New Mexico Chop is select meats slow smoked, chopped & sauced. I think my large serving was mostly brisket with some pulled pork. At first it was a tad dry, but I added some house BBQ sauce and then it was very good. I think a half serving might have been better - then there would have been room for dessert. The star of my meal was the beans – very tasty with a hint of sweetness – I was tempted to order a quart to go. I do not know which of the three bean styles I was served – maybe Big Red Chili.

The service was very good. The waitresses are young ladies and they were constantly in motion taking orders, serving food and checking on happy diners.

The restaurant is a bit small – so get there early, and quite loud as the tables fill.

Near the end of our meal Big Bone Daddy circulated through the room sampling opinions on his food offerings and basking in the praises coming from every table.

Singapore
“Smokey Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled in this great BBQ find that does a lot more than just meats. Fun beers, clam-strip sandwiches, and good eating later...left full, satisfied, and richer for the experience. Great service to make things even better!

La Canada, California
“Great place...and it has a view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This place has great BBQ and is their specialty. Their sandwiches are generously filled with tasty meat. The BBQ sauce is on the table and is applied by yourself. The atmosphere is one of a rowdy bar. We were there for lunch and it was quiet...but I do get the feeling that the evening brings a noisy bunch! There is a nice view of the ocean from the tables.

Unfortunately, I found the french fries to be a little dry and I found their fresh cut and fried potato chips to be too thick and dry (they also had a little fishy taste to them).

• Visited December 2013