“Nice little hotel in a beautiful area.”
Review of Surf Motel

Surf Motel
Ranked #1 of 7 Gualala B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The rooms are a little small, but very nice and well kept . The breakfast has a wide choise of foods. The people are very friendly. The veiws of the ocean were fantastic and everything you could want is within walking distance. I would visit again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Surfmotelowner, Owner at Surf Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you, Thank you and Thank you. The Ocean is a great back drop to any stay. Love to have you back.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I were so happy to find this quaint hotel on the ocean after a long day of traveling!
We were greeted by the owner who 'promised' us a great nights sleep =) He also had a great reccomendation for dinner.
The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, the breakfast was just what we needed to get back on the road in the morning!
We were able to enjoy a beautiful sunset!

Room Tip: Rooms have featherbeds! Heaven!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

You have made my day, to get an alert of such a wonderful comment has me in the clouds. But truly it is my staff who cleans the rooms and makes the morning breakfast who make it all happen.

Have a great day, I know I will and Thanks again.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed in a 2 double bed room. The bathroom was clean with plenty of towels. The room came with 2 soaps 1 shampoo and 1 shower gel. Our room was facing the ocean. We slept with the window open to get fresh air in, it was wonderful. The room was quiet. In the morning the owner was serving breakfast, scrambles eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, biscuits, gravy, scones, cereal, orange juice and milk.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Mehack

Makes me so proud of my staff who works so hard to make sure your stay is one that will bring you back or garner such wonderful praise. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My family and I had the pleasure of staying at a quaint motel on highway 1 on our way up to Fort Bragg. The Surf Motel had a double room available with a well supplied kitchen and a rollaway bed to accommodate my small family of 5. The room had a nice flat screen tv and place to dock my iPod to listen to music, beautiful hard wood floors, a fluffy down filled bed and ample room for my whole family to have a little space of their own. I do believe that one of the things my family enjoyed most was the breakfast that was included with the price of our room. It was far from continental. There were so many hot and cold options and the girl in the office, Jordan, was nice enough to make our waffles but we also found out she cooked everything there from the homemade sausage gravy, sausage, biscuits to the most moist scones I have ever had. This place does not bring the word motel to mind, I would call it a quaint little inn, either way it is a definite must when traveling up highway 1.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jaime F
Surfmotelowner, Owner at Surf Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you looking at our inn a little deeper, we do take the time to bake and cook all the hot food on site with care.

Jordan, is a wonderful asset not only as a manager, but also my daughter. We as the Cogdill family thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is a great spot for an overnight, right on the road and easy to find with lovely views out the back of the property. Friendly host cooks delicious breakfast and offers lots of local information. Room was small but very comfortable and quiet. Host offered a very deep warm feather bed which many not always be necessary ( we found it too warm) but it's a nice touch. Great value and great location. There is a charm to not staying in a "brand name" hotel chain, and this is a shining example.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Your words of comfort to our way of doing things means a lot, we always love those who are willing to take a chance on a Non franchise property. Thank you for allowing our brand of Hospitality to shine.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

So nice to be greeted with a smile - great staff and a REALLY clean (small:)) room.
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna H

I am so happy you enjoyed our offering. We thank you so much for trusting us with your travel dollars.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Gualala is one of those places that isn't on the way to anywhere in particular, which makes it a great place for motorcyclists. Found the Surf on TripAdvisor. The proprietor seems truly happy that I had arrived - warm, friendly, helpful. Rooms are small but well appointed; mine had a refrigerator, microwave, large flat-screen TV, coffee-maker. Great breakfast prepared by the owners. In the morning, they left a towel on the bike to wipe down the moisture. There are minor quibbles - walls are pretty thin (I had very noisy neighbors). Shower had low-end fixtures but plenty of hot water. Cheesy fake fireplace / heater, which you'll appreciate in the cold months. Be sure to reserve; this place seems popular. Great price. Walking distance to a couple of restaurants and markets. Be forewarned - this is a sleepy town that shuts down early.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view if available.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TXRoadWarrior

Thank you so much for taking the time to address your stay, Loved that your comments added to our growing comments making us a Great Value.

Eric R. Cogdill

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gualala
Sea Ranch Lodge
#1 of 2 in Point Arena
North Coast Country Inn
North Coast Country Inn
#4 of 7 in Gualala

Been to Surf Motel? Share your experiences!