“Great views, clean friendly, well located” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seacliff on the Bluff

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gualala
Seacliff on the Bluff
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gualala
Grass Valley, California
“Great views, clean friendly, well located”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed in a king room with a great view of the ocean and lagoon, watched otters play.

Our very clean and comfortable room had two recliners in front of a picture window on the ocean, and a set of binoculars provided, a nice deck, and is in the heart of town. We walked to breakfast and dinner.

We will stay again!

Room Tip: upstairs rooms have vaulted ceilings, the room is very spacious, and includes a fireplace, small ref...
1 Thank spinnerweaver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had a wonderful weekend here in an upper level oceanfront room. Really comfortable bed, gas fireplace, and HUGE windows with breathtaking oceanfront views. Great recliner chairs to relax in while enjoying the views too. Extremely nice staff and just down the street from some good BBQ (Bones BBQ). It's quite a haul to get here to SF, but if you can leave early on a Friday morning and do some Russian River winetasting on the way up, it's a delightful long weekend.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms give a little more privacy and unimpeded view of the river and ocean.
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Amazingly good value small hotel with sea views in all rooms. Local eateries nearby are also good value and in walking distance as are supermarkets etc. . Rooms are very spacious and clean and have a balcony, satellite TV and a spa bath. We would have liked to stay a lot longer. Staff are excellent. We picked this hotel because of the reviews and are so glad we did. This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in.

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous.
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

My husband and I had never been to Gualala before and were looking for a new place along the Mendocino coast for our 35th wedding anniversary. We were drawn to the Seacliff because of all the positive reviews. Our stay was better than we imagined. We LOVED our stay from the minute we walked into the lobby to check in and met Kathy!

We could not have asked for a better view! We went at the beginning of May and were able watch many mother whales with their calves passing (and sticking around) in the waters right off the motel! The room was vey clean, the jetted tub was extra deep and long. The bed was comfortable, the swivel recliner rocker chairs at the windows provide hours of relaxation just watching the river and ocean with the occasional whales swimming by right off the shore.

Room Tip: I would imagine that an upstairs room would have a slightly better view. The upstairs has vaulted c...
Sonoma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

On a random selection, my wife and I stayed overnight at the Seacliff on the Bluff hotel on our way to Fort Bragg. First impressions are indeed important and ours was being met in the lobby by the smiling face of Cathy--welcoming us to the hotel and to Gualala. Our room was spotlessly clean and offered us a panoramic view of the seashore below. As the evening chill set in, we flicked on the gas fireplace and uncorked a bottle of our favorite Cabernet.

After spending the next three days in Fort Bragg, we kept thinking of the Seacliff and how enchanting our stay was. So I picked up the phone and booked a room on our return trip. That experience was even better than before. We now have another favorite place to stay for a romantic getaway. We applaud the owners, management and every member of the staff for presenting such an exceptional hotel experience.

Room Tip: We preferred the second floor room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kent S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

This place was great. It was very clean and had everything for a nice couple getaway - fireplace, spa tub, ocean view, private deck, and a big king-size bed. Susan was very helpful when I called on the phone and continued the great service when we arrived. We left the deck door open all night (March) just to listen to the waves crashing. We woke up this morning to about 30 seals sunning themselves on a sandbar just outside our room.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Missi B
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I am a regular at the Surf Motel next door and got lucky that they were fully booked and I remembered this place. I called and Susan said there was a last minute cancellation and she was really nice and straight to the point. My reservation process was less than 2 minutes.

I had always thought this place to be condos since it looked almost like it from the outside. And I was surprised to see that it was a hotel. I was hesitant to book from all the photos online, the place looked like it had older furniture almost like motels. But I was pleasantly surprised to find it was exactly like it pictured but in great condition and room very well kept and clean.I got in early and they were nice enough to let me check in early since the room was jus made up. I had a gorgeous view of Gualala River and the Pacific Ocean through full wall of windows. Plus the lazy boy recliners that I turned around and sat in while I watch the Ocean hit the beach. I had my own fireplace and a large jacuzzi tub. PLUS my own little balcony that looked onto the ocean with a table and 2 lawn chairs. These along are a lot more amenities than my usual room at the Surf Motel and cheaper too. Every room in this place has the ocean view. My room was on the bottom floor which I like cause I could get a better view of the ocean wether laying in bed, standing up or just sitting in any spot of the room. The only downside from being on the bottom floor was that the Gualala Bluff Trail passed right by the window and you could see people walking past, this didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. The only thing that really bothered me was the fact that I could hear the occupants above us easily, I supposed there isn't much insulation between the 2 levels. :(
The Tv as well had lots of stations but most of which were not accessible. Other than that, the service from time of booking to time of check out was wonderful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank T L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gualala
Sea Ranch Lodge
Whale Watch Inn by the Sea
The Wharf Master's Inn
The Wharf Master's Inn
#1 of 2 in Point Arena

Been to Seacliff on the Bluff? Share your experiences!