“Wanted to Stay Longer!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gualala
Seacliff Motel on the Bluff
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gualala
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wow----I'm always looking for coastal motels where I can open the window and listen to the ocean while I go to sleep. This is perfect for doing just that.

I had an upstairs room with a small private balcony and 2 chairs. I spent every evening on the balcony and watched the sun set over the ocean. Doesn't get much better than that.

The bed was extremely comfortable, and there was no noise coming through the walls.

The vaulted ceilings have wood paneling and are very high----makes the room feel even bigger.

Internet connection was good----had no trouble connecting and downloading.

From Gualala, it's an enjoyable drive up to Point Arena and Mendocino. I did a day trip to Mendocino and came back to Gualala.

There is a great grocery store within walking distance of the hotel where you can buy almost anything and have dinner on your balcony. There is also a pretty decent pizza place also within walking distance.

The view, the convenience, and the price made this one a fantastic choice when visiting the NoCal coast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank pdxjeff1959

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Very pleased with this room. Everything went great. If had to say negative the spa tub in room needs jets rinsed out with some kind of cleaner. Oh and toilet barely flushes. Continental breakfast had the best muffins!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank mega_bb_2001
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our best nights rest and most enjoyable views from our room during our entire PCH road trip. After a long days drive from San Francisco this was the perfect first night rest-stop. Also after two weeks of hotels and motels this was our favourite. If we ever come through here again I would stay a few nights longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Littlejoe68
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had a great weekend in Gualala, largely because of our stay here. The first day of our stay was incredibly windy and cold so we spent a good part of the time inside the room enjoying the view, the jacuzzi tub, and the solitude. The staff was friendly. The only downside was our very loud neighbors and because the office staff isn't 24/7 there wasn't anyone at the front desk we could call to complain about the neighbors (and I certainly didn't feel like trudging downstairs in the middle of the night to deal with loud people). If we come back to Gualala we'll certainly stay here. I definitely recommend getting an upstairs room. We did and were very glad we did. Better view and much more privacy.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have a better view and more privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank eleacali
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel is awesome. Oceanfront views. All rooms have jacuzzi tubs an fireplaces. Very reasonable place to stay. Balconies on the upper floor. The staff is really friendly. Nice and clean and the beds are really comfy. I will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pandee
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Check out the pictures - they are accurate. It is still friendly, comfortable, quiet, immaculate and a perfect night. Took an 1 1/2 hour bath with water up to my neck, a nap in the rocker/recliner, watched the sunset and fell asleep in the comfortable bed to the sound of waves rushing up the sandbar. You really cannot find a nicer place.

Room Tip: I pay the extra for an upstairs room. The feeling of the high vaulted ceiling is worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Nancy7227
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was traveling up the coast to Washington and arrived at Sea Ranch Restaurant for a quick dinner and asked for their recommendation for a good place to stay going north. The young woman at the front desk gave me three recommendations--this being her favorite. I called immediately and booked the last room they had available. It was better than I expected . Oceanfront,fireplace,comfortable bed, and nice and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank cjmbp1943
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gualala
Sea Ranch Lodge
Gualala Country Inn
Gualala Country Inn
#5 of 7 in Gualala
Whale Watch Inn by the Sea

Been to Seacliff Motel on the Bluff? Share your experiences!