“Peaceful simple luxury”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gualala
Seacliff Motel on the Bluff
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gualala
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had a great weekend in Gualala, largely because of our stay here. The first day of our stay was incredibly windy and cold so we spent a good part of the time inside the room enjoying the view, the jacuzzi tub, and the solitude. The staff was friendly. The only downside was our very loud neighbors and because the office staff isn't 24/7 there wasn't anyone at the front desk we could call to complain about the neighbors (and I certainly didn't feel like trudging downstairs in the middle of the night to deal with loud people). If we come back to Gualala we'll certainly stay here. I definitely recommend getting an upstairs room. We did and were very glad we did. Better view and much more privacy.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have a better view and more privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank eleacali
There are newer reviews for Seacliff Motel on the Bluff

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel is awesome. Oceanfront views. All rooms have jacuzzi tubs an fireplaces. Very reasonable place to stay. Balconies on the upper floor. The staff is really friendly. Nice and clean and the beds are really comfy. I will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pandee
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Check out the pictures - they are accurate. It is still friendly, comfortable, quiet, immaculate and a perfect night. Took an 1 1/2 hour bath with water up to my neck, a nap in the rocker/recliner, watched the sunset and fell asleep in the comfortable bed to the sound of waves rushing up the sandbar. You really cannot find a nicer place.

Room Tip: I pay the extra for an upstairs room. The feeling of the high vaulted ceiling is worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Nancy7227
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was traveling up the coast to Washington and arrived at Sea Ranch Restaurant for a quick dinner and asked for their recommendation for a good place to stay going north. The young woman at the front desk gave me three recommendations--this being her favorite. I called immediately and booked the last room they had available. It was better than I expected . Oceanfront,fireplace,comfortable bed, and nice and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank cjmbp1943
Reviewed March 6, 2013

These little cabin-style cottages provide a fantastic ocean view experience. In the cool of the evening, the gas fireplace heater adds a highly romantic atmosphere. Step out on the private balcony (we were on the 1st floor) and watch the waves lapping at the shoreline, or take a stroll on the beautiful beach. Check-in experience with no reservations was excellent. Set just far enough back off the highway, there is no traffic noise (not much traffic anyway on Hgwy 1 in winter!!!). We lucked out again finding this gem.

Room Tip: Small pathway outside windows on 1st floor. Choose 2nd floor if more privacy is desired.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wizzzzzard
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I wanted a place not to far from home - where my husband and I (who were celebrating 30 years of togetherness) could enjoy the ocean right up close but not spend an entire fortune for the two nights - and we found it. This place was awesome. Clean, nice people at the front desk, even the cleaning people were friendly. The view was so wonderful and this place was so relaxing. There is a nice spa tub, great shower, fireplace and flat screen TV. The view from the room and the deck - were so beautiful - it is almost too difficult to review because I loved it so much. The price was reasonable, even on Saturday night and was really reasonable on Sunday night. I can't say enough about this place and would recommend it to all.

Room Tip: All rooms have views - good views. I prefer second story
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BayareaKaren
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here twice, the last time was in October for our honeymoon. This is our favorite getaway place! The staff is very accommodating and professional. Their advise as to where to eat and things to do locally is right on the mark. The rooms were second to none! Great views from the in room jacuzzi tubs and the recliners! I would recommend this place to everyone i know. We will be back in February for another special occasion. You have to experience this greatest kept secret of the north coast for yourself!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Shasta412
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gualala
Sea Ranch Lodge
Whale Watch Inn by the Sea
The Wharf Master's Inn
The Wharf Master's Inn
#1 of 2 in Point Arena

Been to Seacliff Motel on the Bluff? Share your experiences!