“Oh My!!!”

Description: (707) 884-1835
California
“Oh My!!!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Husband and I go to Gualala about twice a year for mini-vacations. Cove Azul was new to us and I could not have been more pleased. Before we ate later in the day, we visited the Cove Bar and looked over the menu. The locals were fantastic and made us feel welcome. Later, we returned for an early dinner. My husband had the seafood linguine and could not finish it! He's a big eater so you can figure out how much food was on the plate! Travelers, please try this wonderful place.

Visited February 2013

Northern California
“eat here”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Sunset over the ocean from our table was a definite plus. We had Tequila skewers and Seafood Scampi. Soup was great (clam chowder was excellent!!), salads were good, and the entrees were both Very Good. For a town the size of Gualala, we were very impressed, and the pricing was very reasonable.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank tr4par
Chico, California
“reminded me of an episode of Hell's Kitchen”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I read all the reviews and decided to try it out..............it was ok. It had the feel of an episode of hell's kitchen with the small town coastal mom and pop joint with the Husband and wife that really didn't talk much, she smiles at the front of the house as he roams the back of the house with a semi cute waitress doing her best to hold it together but really would love to give the owners a piece of her mind. The food was ok but nothing to write home about (i got my ticket punched, i've now been there). I got the ribeye and that outer edge of the steak with the fat was missing (my favorite part).
From where my wife and I were sitting i could see the back where they wash dishes (the door was left open) and after i was done eating I watched someone from the back throw up a prime rib on the counter next to the dish washing station and began to carve out the ribeye steaks, it seemed to be a very odd and unsanitary place to do this.
At this point I started joking with my wife as if it really was an episode of Hells Kitchen. I was the voice of Gordon Ramsey and the staff at the same time. lol.

• Visited January 2013
Citrus Heights, California
“Well Prepared With A View”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We ate at Cove Azul on New Years day and were very impressed with the attractive presentation and preparation of our food. We ordered the calamari for an appetizer. It can easily be overcooked and tough, but this was not true because it was excellent. My husband had a scampi-crab sandwich which he said was delicious. I had a dinner salad with the sauteed scampi with rice and fresh vegetables. The salad was prepared with a variety of "very fresh" lettuces and spinach. The sauteed scampi was also delicious. Along with the food we had a beautiful view of the ocean. What else could we ask for!

• Visited January 2013
San Rafael, CA
“An Especially Good Place to Eat”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We came here for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent. Haley did a fine job of waiting on us even though she was alone and there were several other customers. My husband had the hamburger and I had the BLT with avocado. The french fries that we ordered with the meals were hand cut and everything was exceptionally good. There is a beautiful view of the ocean. The prices are very reasonable. If you go to Gualala this place is a must.

• Visited December 2012