“a real find in Gualala”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Trinks

Trinks
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Gualala
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Oakland CA
“a real find in Gualala”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Staying at Sea Ranch, we discovered Trinks, which has been there for 12 years but we had never seen or heard of it before. It's a small, casual restaurant by the ocean right in the middle of Gualala, a five-minute drive from Sea Ranch. In reviews we read, people were taken by the pastries and coffee, and the pastries are good but limited--the real strength of this restaurant is its breakfasts, lunches, and the two dinners per week that they serve (three in summer). You can sit on their pretty terrace overlooking the water, or inside, also with a view of the water--we loved the terrace. They change their menu daily but have some favorites, among them a transcendent bacon featured in breakfasts and lunches. We also had steel-cut oatmeal with a generous portion of walnuts, pancakes with that bacon, and their yogurt parfait, all delicious. For lunches we had the BBLT (that bacon, blue cheese) and a delicious black bean burger, and another day the veggie sandwich, all crunchy goodness. We lucked into the Wednesday night dinner, with fresh salmon and steak, served in contemporary presentations with lots of veggies and grains, well-plated. The dinner menus are thematic--ours was Mediterranean. The day we left, we stopped for coffee and scones, and I had their Aztec coffee, the most delicious concoction of coffee I have ever tasted. It was so unbelievable I ordered another one for the car. The folks who run Trinks are pleasant and helpful. You don't have to dress up. But you get food worthy of the best restaurants; the only place close to it in quality is Two Fish Bakery--that's for another review. You can also order take-out at Trinks.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank AMWSanFrancisco

pnjaban
“Gourmet coffee and baked goods on the coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

As a part time Sea Ranch resident, I sometimes miss my daily Starbucks fix, but the coffee, goodies and friendly family-owned atmosphere at Trinks make me feel right at home. They make great breakfast and lunches too, and sometimes even dinner a couple of nights a week. The Trinks burger is the best in town, and their chili is worth a visit as well. Also of note is the rotating local artists on display, including many artistic quilts. Worth a stop if you are driving through Gualala. You will not be disappointed.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank pnjaban
Denver, Colorado
“Visited Several Times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

I recently stayed in Gualala for a week and I visited Trinks....pretty much daily. My initial motivation to go was the fact that they offered wifi. That motivation lasted only until I got a piece of cake. So good. I enjoyed both breakfast and lunch here. They offered a nice variety. Did not do dinner here. Their baked gods were amazing. I had carrot cake, a chocolate Kahlua cake, cranberry and almond biscotti. All so yummy. Even better when eaten on their little patio with views of the ocean. Lunches - they had an awesome variety of salads (which were a nice balance to all the cakes!) and sandwiches. Their veggies were all so fresh and flavorful. The staff was always friendly and helpful.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ClumsyIsis
Tempe, Arizona
“quick and easy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

For a smaller place, the menu had variety. Tuna sandwich was fresh, coffee was excellent, and cookies were perfect.

Visited July 2014
Phoenix
“Cute restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Grabbed my soy latte here before I hit the road..use Flying Goat coffee beans..so it was good. Very nice staff. They do dinners Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Looked like they have good bakery items too.

Visited June 2014