“Nice campground, great beach”

Gualala Point Regional Park
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Gualala
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the mouth of the Gualala River, this park offers great hiking trails and nature walks.
Location Required
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice campground, great beach”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Camped here on a Thursday night in April and the campground was pretty much empty. Maybe two other campers including the host?

The location is fabulous. Close to town but still quiet. In the morning, I woke up and walked my dog on the mile long trail right from my campsite to the beach.

Some of the sites are on the small side and I imagine on weekends the campground gets crowded. But during the week early in the season, it was great. It's PRIME raccoon habitat so keep your food in your car. You WILL see raccoons at night (at least their eyes). I didn't see much poison oak compared to other nearby areas which was a plus.

The shower is awesome! It has it's own locking, private room. Restrooms are individual, private locking stalls/rooms too.

I found the campground hosts very friendly. I had reserved a small site and since the campground was empty, they happily let me swap to a bigger site with no problems. I would definitely stay here again. Plus, the Gualala area has lots of beautiful beaches nearby, though the day use area at this park is nice enough you don't need to leave!

Visited April 2013

Davis, CA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Choose your activity”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

You can walk down to the beach (we did), hike along several paths, with or without dog (we did, without), or sit on one of many benches to look out over the ocean and the surf (we did that too.) One of the trails is handicap accessible.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank h2owitch
Chico, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“nice easy hike and dog friendly”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Nice hike to the beach. Well worth the $7 to park inside rather than on the street. All trails eventually arrive at the beach

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Livindalife28
Carmichael, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Coffee/Hike”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We take our coffee and read the paper at the little picnic table overlooking the water. Then hike around-very beautiful and relaxing and few people if you go early morning.

Visited November 2012
Gualala, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“easy trails”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We take walks there at least twice a week. Paved path gets you close to the beach. Clean restrooms. Visitors Center (staffed by volunteers, when available) is open Friday-Monday, and has info on local history, flora, fauna and sea life.

Visited November 2012