“Worst room I've ever stayed in...Period!”
Review of St. Orres

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gualala
St. Orres
Ranked #4 of 7 Gualala B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worst room I've ever stayed in...Period!”
Reviewed December 3, 2004

Well where to start...

I will preface these comments with the fact that it was a few years back but it was so terrible neither my wife nor I can forget the experience. Shoot maybe that's the appeal..an unforgettable stay.

When we stayed at this property they were renovating some of the cabins, ours was not one of them, hopefully they have tended to it by now.

From the lack of any window covering on the sliding glass door on the lowest level of the cabin, to the garage sale furnishings, to the 30 year old coffee table book about some unknown opera star, to the mold in the bathtub, to the wine bottle corks left by previous guests, to the completely thread bare carpet, to the non-functioning baseboard heater, to the hodge podge sheet set, to the patchwork comforter...nothing made this room comfortable, enjoyable or pleasant. They did bring a nice little assortment of baked goods in the morning but for $200 a night, I would have preferred a room that was comfortable and relaxing.

Unfortunately we stayed on a night when the restaurant was closed so we can't comment on that part of the property.

Not related to this property or this review, but Gualala doesn't offer much in the way of attractions either..We would definitely suggest passing by this wide spot in the road and continue on to Mendocino.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed September 28, 2004

How to begin? I gues it began with the allure of the webiste for St. Orres. "Magical" and "Enchanting". Two words used to desribe this place. So enthralled was I that I could not wait for my wife and I to arrive at this place. We took our time driving up the coast from San Francisco. A beautiful drive. But upon arriving at St. Orres our first disappointment was that the inn was not right on the water. But quite far away. We walked into the inn and were greeted with coolness. Our cottage was not quaint, but rather bland. The grounds were very disappointing. There was nothing spectacular about it at all. My wife and I do not need fancy things. But when we thought it would be rustic and charming, it was really just not well taken care of and the woman running the place seemed to act like a harsh city woman. The dinner was great, fantastic! And the waitress was truely a delight as was the hostess.
We left the next morning relieved to be leaving such an un-welcoming, un-magical place.

Reviewed June 7, 2004

Just returned from a delightful overnight at St. Orres just north of Gualala on the Pacific coast. This place looks like something out of a Russian fairytale, complete with copper domes and massive carved timbers. Our quite luxurious cottage had a view of the ocean, a skylight over the bed to watch the incredible stars, a cozy fireplace, cherry trees outside laden with yummy fruit -- I could go on. Just enchanting. Also highly recommend dinner at the inn's own restaurant.

• Stayed January 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 27, 2003

Enchanting little corner of the world. Takes some time to get there, but definately worth the trouble.Food at the Restaurant is out of this world. Service is above average and not overly stuffy.The B&B is quaint. Rustic, but at the same time refined. Abundant wildlife (flock of wild turkeys next to our cottage the first morning, along with a not so welcome skunk the second night). The morning breakfast, delivered to our door, in cute little boxes, is delicious, substantial and attractively presented.Will be going back!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gualala
Timber Cove Resort
#1 of 7 in Gualala
The Wharf Master's Inn
The Wharf Master's Inn
#1 of 2 in Point Arena

Been to St. Orres? Share your experiences!