The Windermere was a very nice hotel. But personally I found the people too snooty. There was alot of "old money" and the hotel obviously catered to them. We took a garden view room, which really had no view except to a run-down house on the other side of the road. And there was only a broken and dirty plastic lounge chair to sit on. The room was nothing special considering the price. I will admit the bed was amazing. The hotel facilities were not what I expected. The "world class" gym, was lacking. Old machines, all of the sanitizers were empty, and the lounge deck outside the gym, was embarrassing. The chairs were so old and dirty you could not sit in them and the garbage bin was right underneath which under the hot sun, did not smell good. . The restaurant and bar were good , obviously where all the recent renovation money went.. Although the staff all young and not very helpful.
I felt that we had to ask about hotel info as nothing was told to us. Apparently there had been a hotel boat cruise which we would have enjoyed, but it was not posted nor did anyone tell us about it, until the day later. The hotel did have a great verandah for nightime drinks or breakfasts, and it would have probably been nicer to have a lake view room, but I don't think I would spend the money to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Lady of the Lake.” Windermere House Resort is an iconic landmark located on prestigious Lake Rosseau in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. The country's oldest hotel, it has welcomed guests for over 140 years. Fine dining, boating, tennis, golf, spa services and five star service make Windermere House a preferred destination. New at Windermere House is The Cottages at Windermere, a private enclave of 6 three bedroom luxury fractional ownership cottages. Experience everything Muskoka has to offer in unsurpassed comfort. Luxuriate in plush pillowtop beds, indulge in sumptuous dining and relax amid plentiful, carefree recreation. We're here to spoil you. Offering family vacations, romantic getaways, golf packages, weddings and conferences facilities, Windermere House resort on Lake Rosseau offers the ideal backdrop for your Muskoka getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Windermere House Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windermere House Resort And Hotel
- Windermere House Hotel Windermere
- Windermere House Resort & Hotel Muskoka District, Canada