Windermere House is a great place to experience the heart of Muskoka. It is quiet but elegant and comfortable. The food is very good. Its important to understand that this is not a resort. You won't get drinks served pool side or a manicured beach with loungers. You will get a stunning view of Lake Rosseau. We had a very nice stay in mid-September when it is much quieter. There was a wedding on the saturday and that made it a bit busier but was not a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Lady of the Lake.”Windermere House Resort is an iconic landmark located on prestigious Lake Rosseau in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. The country's oldest hotel, it has welcomed guests for over 140 years. Fine dining, boating, tennis, golf, spa services and five star service make Windermere House a preferred destination. New at Windermere House is The Cottages at Windermere, a private enclave of 6 three bedroom luxury fractional ownership cottages.Experience everything Muskoka has to offer in unsurpassed comfort. Luxuriate in plush pillowtop beds, indulge in sumptuous dining and relax amid plentiful, carefree recreation. We're here to spoil you.Offering family vacations, romantic getaways, golf packages, weddings and conferences facilities, Windermere House resort on Lake Rosseau offers the ideal backdrop for your Muskoka getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Windermere House Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windermere House Resort And Hotel
- Windermere House Hotel Windermere
- Windermere House Resort & Hotel Muskoka District, Canada