We stayed one night, the hotel is beautiful, rooms are very nice & clean. I have a bit of a germ phobia & felt comfortable at the windermere. We had breakfast & dinner at the hotel & the food was very good. Although, it was a short stay, I found there wasn't much to do. They do have small sandy beach area, however no lounge chairs are provided by the beach. The pool has the loungers for obvious reasons. I wouldn't be able to stay there for more than a night or two, because they lack activities. So I rate the hotel 5 star, just not much to do other than the pool & beach with no chairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Lady of the Lake.” Windermere House Resort is an iconic landmark located on prestigious Lake Rosseau in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. The country's oldest hotel, it has welcomed guests for over 140 years. Fine dining, boating, tennis, golf, spa services and five star service make Windermere House a preferred destination. New at Windermere House is The Cottages at Windermere, a private enclave of 6 three bedroom luxury fractional ownership cottages. Experience everything Muskoka has to offer in unsurpassed comfort. Luxuriate in plush pillowtop beds, indulge in sumptuous dining and relax amid plentiful, carefree recreation. We're here to spoil you. Offering family vacations, romantic getaways, golf packages, weddings and conferences facilities, Windermere House resort on Lake Rosseau offers the ideal backdrop for your Muskoka getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Windermere House Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windermere House Resort And Hotel
- Windermere House Hotel Windermere
- Windermere House Resort & Hotel Muskoka District, Canada