If you want the best that Muskoka has to offer and expect nothing less, look no further than Windermere House. This is my second stay at the Windermere House and all I can say is this place just keeps on impressing us. The room we stayed in was a good size and had all the amenities we required. The large windows provided lots of natural light by day and a beautiful view of the of one of Muskokas most prestigious locales (Windermere). My girlfriend and I have high standards when it comes to cuisine, and the Windermere House SHINES in this department! Having some of the best and freshest sushi I've ever had on the patio overlooking Lake Rousseau is really something that needs to be experienced firsthand. Oliver and Bonacini's restaurant in the hotel lives up to their standards and the quality of ambience, cuisine, and service was impeccable. The variety of the menu paired with some incredible wines really make for a first class dining experience; all the while having incredible views of the lake. Heading downstairs to the Pub after dinner, we sat by the bar having a cocktail while live music played well into the night. People were singing along, dancing, and relaxing; the place just had such a great vibe. I could go on but I will end with this: If you are looking for first-class in cottage country, stay here and you will NOT be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Lady of the Lake.”Windermere House Resort is an iconic landmark located on prestigious Lake Rosseau in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. The country's oldest hotel, it has welcomed guests for over 140 years. Fine dining, boating, tennis, golf, spa services and five star service make Windermere House a preferred destination. New at Windermere House is The Cottages at Windermere, a private enclave of 6 three bedroom luxury fractional ownership cottages.Experience everything Muskoka has to offer in unsurpassed comfort. Luxuriate in plush pillowtop beds, indulge in sumptuous dining and relax amid plentiful, carefree recreation. We're here to spoil you.Offering family vacations, romantic getaways, golf packages, weddings and conferences facilities, Windermere House resort on Lake Rosseau offers the ideal backdrop for your Muskoka getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windermere House Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windermere House Resort And Hotel
- Windermere House Hotel Windermere
- Windermere House Resort & Hotel Muskoka District, Canada