“Living Large in Muskoka!”

Windermere House Resort & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Windermere
Toronto, Canada
“Living Large in Muskoka!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

If you want the best that Muskoka has to offer and expect nothing less, look no further than Windermere House. This is my second stay at the Windermere House and all I can say is this place just keeps on impressing us. The room we stayed in was a good size and had all the amenities we required. The large windows provided lots of natural light by day and a beautiful view of the of one of Muskokas most prestigious locales (Windermere). My girlfriend and I have high standards when it comes to cuisine, and the Windermere House SHINES in this department! Having some of the best and freshest sushi I've ever had on the patio overlooking Lake Rousseau is really something that needs to be experienced firsthand. Oliver and Bonacini's restaurant in the hotel lives up to their standards and the quality of ambience, cuisine, and service was impeccable. The variety of the menu paired with some incredible wines really make for a first class dining experience; all the while having incredible views of the lake. Heading downstairs to the Pub after dinner, we sat by the bar having a cocktail while live music played well into the night. People were singing along, dancing, and relaxing; the place just had such a great vibe. I could go on but I will end with this: If you are looking for first-class in cottage country, stay here and you will NOT be disappointed.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony, INCREDIBLE VIEWS!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daniel l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just returned from a weekend up in Windermere, and it was truly the best Ontario has to offer!! Nestled in one of the most beautiful places in Canada, the Resort and all of its ammenities were top notch. The hotel is a work of architectural art and every room pleases the senses. From the incredible food being served at Oliver and Bonacini's restaurant and Edo Sushi (best I've had) to live music and dancing in the Windermere Pub, one could not ask for more. Service throughout the establishment was impeccable and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Love Golfing? Playing in Muskoka was one of the best golf experiences I've had in my lifetime; and the Windermere Golf & CC provides the perfect backdrop for ripping a drive down the fairway!! After all of this excitement all I had energy for was to take a seat in a Muskoka chair on the spanning lawnfront of the Resort and look out over incredible Lake Rosseau. I cannot speak highly enough of my time at Windermere House, you simply have to be there and experience it for yourself!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

The perfect combination of luxury, indulgence and charm awaits you at the Windermere House. This was my first visit back to the resort since it has been renovated and from the moment I walked in the lobby door I was pleased. What caught my eye the most was the fact that the Muskoka charm still existed in this sophisticated remodel!

The WH did not stop exceeding my expectations all weekend. Between the friendly staff, the beauty of Lake Rosseau, the quality of experience and the FOOD, I left feeling revived and pampered. The one thing I promised myself to do next time, was a visit to the spa. Guest's I spoke to all weekend raved about the services they had, and I wish I had of booked some time for myself.

The food was outstanding!!!!!! I was blessed with the opportunity to eat at the Pub, The Rosseau Grill , and had a delicious Sushi lunch at Edo. It is great to be able to have the quality of food that you can have in the city, in the tranquil environment of Muskoka. Not to mention, the wine list and beverage menu kept me coming back for more. I highly recommend trying the Sparkling Sangria, as a fresh summer drink- with a beautiful sparkling twist.

It is everything you need and more, and certainly exceeded my expectations. My last bit of advise is to be sure to add this to your summer must-do's this summer and for years to come!

1 Thank CanadianTraveler12
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have loved Windermere for the past three years going for dinners, drinks on the patio, and for birthday weekends. On June 16th I had my wedding at Windermere House and I couldn't be more pleased with the day. The staff were utterly professional at every step and worked hard to make sure that EVERYONE had a great time. The service was perfect, the food was amazing and the event coordinator made sure that the day ran smoothly. I can't say enough about how spectacular this location is for any special event, or just for a relaxing time "at the lake"

Room Tip: We rented the two bedroom suite on the second floor - it was perfect for enteraining our family and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lin r
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I rarely vacation in Ontario (my travels always take me abroad) and to say that I was "blown-away" would be an understatement. The food, the hospitality, the rooms and the view were comparable to any 4/5 star hotel that I have had the pleasure of being a guest at!

Room Tip: Request a lake view
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Every aspect of my stay was excellent.I would recommend the Windermere House to everyone who are looking for an awesome vacation in paradise. The staff was awesome and catered to my every need. Will definitely be back

Room Tip: Stay in the water front rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Just returned from a week at the Cottages at Windermere. We entertained family and friends during this week and all of us were overwhelmed with the accomodations as well as the well-appointed chef's kitchen. For a few meals we wandered next door to the Windermere House for meals in the pub or on the patio. The couple and their friends in the cottage next door dined at the Rousseau Grill (the fine dining at Windermere House) and told us that they had enjoyed a great meal. Hot summer weather was enjoyed for the first few days and we watched a summer storm cross Lake Rosseau in front of our cottages to bring fresher summer air with crisp mornings enjoyed on the lake-side verandas. Rounds of golf at the Windermere Golf & Country Club followed by rounds of drinks at the pub as we enjoyed watching boaters on the lake. We plan to book a spa retreat at the Sanctuary the next time we are up at Windermere. Paradise is only 3 1/2 hours away for us.

1 Thank Karen L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windermere
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Port Severn
Hidden Valley Resort
Hidden Valley Resort
#4 of 18 in Huntsville

Been to Windermere House Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!