“Great restaurant right of the beach with free off street parking!”
Review of Fin's

Fin's
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Grover Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our waitress, Shaylie was wonderful!! So attentive and helped with what we should get based on what we normally liked. We had clam chowder bowl, kids menu fish & chips with large pieces of fish with light batter and was a large portion, adult fish & chips that had 3 pieces & was more than enough.
I tasted the clam chowder as it is white and normally like the red. I was shocked at how good it was:-) i had a nice sized salad with really great croutons:-) all the food was great! ! ! We left stuffed! !!
I got a to-go drink when we first got there to drink on the beach and was told I could come back as many times as I wanted even after leaving to go to the beach. That was nice as most places don't do that when you leave. I kept my receipt to show proof that I paid when I came for refills.
I parked in a handicap spot since I am handicap and they said I was fine. I asked them first as I wanted to go to the beach before dinner. I loved that they have off street free parking.
When I come back for a visit I am definitely coming back.
People are so welcoming :-)
oh and they have a dj/karoake in the next room but you could hardly hear which makes it nice for those that may not appreciate it. Must be double paned Windows.
Great beachy vibe! !
Cudos to Fins restaurant :-)

2  Thank tamratodd1

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We went to Fin's for the first time in April. We so enjoyed our dinner and the entertainment we made this our first stop when we found ourselves back in the area on a 2 night business trip. We were lucky enough that it was a Friday night. So after a great meal of chowder, fish, shrimp and chips we caught the entertainment in the lounge. The food is fresh, prepared to perfection, and very reasonably priced. Manny was there again and is a very talented guitar player and singer. We danced and visited with others and had a wonderful time. It's very comfortable and you don't feel like you are in a bar. It's like you're visiting with friends and enjoying music. We will always head to Fin's first when we are in the area.

1  Thank Lori K
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Fish & chips, fried clams & chips, all fried to perception. Amazing clam chowder. A great food stop.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Decided to celebrate a BIG birthday at the beach, and chose Fins for lunch. With all the stops pulled out, I ordered their scallops, which came with a choice of soup, salad or slaw, plus steak fries. The clam chowder was perfect, and I'm fussy... piping hot, nice pieces of identifiable clam, potatoes and celery. The scallops were deep fried at just the right temperature to ensure juices from the scallops were captured in the breading and bathed my mouth when I bit into them. If you can convince them to serve it with chipotle sauce (stolen from my husband's quesadilla), you will swoon. It being my birthday, they offered me a choice of dessert. I chose bread pudding, still warm from the oven and delicious, as well as gorgeous! What a great meal. This is the third time we've lunched at Fins in about 3 months, and it just keeps getting better!

1  Thank Wintrs101
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

My family and I decided to eat at Fins for our very first time. We were greated and told to choose our own seat, which we found very accommodating. Our waitress, Denise, was very nice and gave great recommendations. I myself had the Fish Tacos and my wife had the Fish n chips. Best Fish n Chips in the area! My daughter had the chowder and man were we impressed. We'll be sure to come back to this place next time we're in town