“Nice hotel, Heated Pool, Helpful staff”

Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Grover Beach
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Grover Beach Holiday Inn was typical of Holiday Inns - clean and functional. There were plenty of towels and toiletries. The room had a fridge. The reception area (in a separate block) had 24hr free tea, coffee, cocoa and hot chocolate which was a welcome touch.

The room did not have a safe

Internet was fast, reliable and supported Multiple devices

Breakfast was a typical American buffet style with fruit, cereals, pastries, juices and a limited hot food choice. The selection, availability and quality were pretty good

Grover beach is a "drive on"" beach with firm packed sand. It's a nice beach. The hotel is on the main coastal route between LA and SF, is easily found and makes a great journey breaker.

We didn't explore the area immediately round the hotel as we arrived late but, there were restaurants & bars within a few hundred metres."

There was plenty of parking

The hotel had a whirlpool and a nicely heated outdoor pool which the kids really enjoyed. Like other aspects of the hotel, it was nicely done!

The staff at the Grover were both friendly and very helpful - which was a refreshing change on this trip.

Overall, I have no hesitation in recommending this Holiday Inn

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank yahooholidays

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My family and I were here for a death in the family and the hotel was overly accomidating, they went out of their way to assist us. Frindly staff, clean rooms, and they even went out of their way to keep all our family near one another. I thank the staff and management for their services. We will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in March 2013. Would have rather stayed in Pismo, but Grover beach was much cheaper. The breakfast was good, and the front desk staff was nice. There is a really yummy steak restaurant right next door (walking distance).

My only complaint was the housekeeping came by early (I don't remember what time) and woke up my baby up. I didn't see a card that I could put on the door to not request housekeeping.
But, I would stay here again, and next time make sure I had the card out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Em B
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed there for two nights in January 2013. Had a two night stopover there on my way to LA. The hotel is very close to the highway, but honestly I was not disturbed by it. The room was OK, not more, not less. The breakfast was very primitive, though the personnel was nice. About the price I would say you get what you give.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Imagine my disappointment when my priceline bidding went very very wrong and instead of being in Pismo Beach we found ourselves in Grover Beach right next to the noisy 101 freeway. The view of the rolling hills was over the sight of the freeway. The 1st morning at breakfast they ran out of almost everything.
The most depressing part was that this hotel cost just as much as the Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge in Pismo Beach -- one of our favorite spots to stay.
Don't get the wrong area when booking using Priceline. Pismo area includes Grover Beach.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jane W
CentralCoastGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

We apologize for the miscommunication on Priceline.Com's behalf, we do not advertise being a beach front property. We would love to contact you to see what we can do for you.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is not my favorite Holiday Inn. The hotel is situated on the side of a hill, so the entrances to the parking lot and buildings are kinda strange. We arrived late at night and I couldn't get the building door to open and thought my key didn't work. Turned out, I had to leave the key in the slot longer! The room was laid out well and even had a fireplace, but there was a large dirty spot on the carpet which bothered me. The thing I really didn't like about this hotel is the plastic sheeting on the bed. I kept waking up because it was so uncomfortable and hot! Breakfast was lacking... the pancake machine was out of batter and by the time they brought more in from another building, we had to leave for our meeting. I know we are going to be in the area again soon and I really like staying at Holiday Inn's. Maybe next time I'll just pull the plastic off the bed and see if I can sleep..

Room Tip: Stay away from the side street if you want some quiet!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear SoCalRatGirl,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the room conditions. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us and hope that this occasion did not deter you from staying with us again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here last week and it was not a good stay. What seemed odd is that I was was placed in a room which seemed like the basement. It was in a corner on what the called the 1st floor. when I walked in the room all the lights were on so I thought for a moment somebody was in there. The carpet didn't seem that old but it was very dirty with spots all over so that was a big turn off. The bathroom needs a redo especially the bathtub. Not only did it not drain but the slip guard on the tub was dirty, peeling offand actually kind of gross. I noticed when I was closing the blinds the inside of the drapes were stained and dirty, I had a difficult sleeping because I'm guessing it was their mattress pads, every time I moved I would hear this crunching noise. I'm not sure what they are made of. Honesty I was afraid to look.

My overall feeling of the room and what I could see from the furnishings, I would say this is not a good recommendation. I saw a Hilton up the road. I probably would stay there next time. Im guessing they have breakfast but I just wanted to get far away from this place in the morning.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
CentralCoastGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Your comments have been shared with the staff and management. We hope to see you again so that we can give you a far better experiance! Thank you again for taking the time to relay your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grover Beach
#11 of 29 in Pismo Beach
Best Western Casa Grande Inn
Best Western Casa Grande Inn
#1 of 5 in Arroyo Grande

Been to Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area? Share your experiences!