“Cheap rooms, beds ok, strong smell in office.” 3 of 5 stars

Seaview Inn
Seaview Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Grover Beach B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Cheap rooms, beds ok, strong smell in office.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

This hotel is old but clean. The carpets are old but also seemingly clean. The price was good and the owners nice. The smell in the office almost turned us off from seeing a room but in the end, the rooms were fine. The walls were thin so you could hear conversations and TV's going on either side which was disappointing. I could feel the springs through the mattress at times, my husband thought the bed was fine. This Inn is 5 blocks from the beach so a nice walk to sunset. The shower was for people under 5 feet tall and the pressure was mediocre. But for the price it was ok.

Room Tip: This is for you if you are a heavy sleeper.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
La Crescenta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed there first weekend in Oct. 2011. The location was off the main street in town and within walking distance to the beach. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and quiet. Overall it was a good value and very affordable. The staff was friendly and gave me a better room than what I booked. No bells and whistles just basic accomodations. I would stay there again and recommend it if you are looking for basic accomodations.

Room Tip: Nothing fancy just a great value when everything else comparable on the central coast was twice the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank VictoriaCA
Long Beach, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

This is a typical motel; it's clean enough and the amenities are fine. Of course the walls are thin, so depending on your luck you may end up having to listen to lots of noise from all directions. I just had a couple with a baby move in next to me. I can hear everything. I paid $79 to spend the night here. I'm hoping the baby doesn't cry all night. I guess my point is, I feel so ripped off having to pay a lot of money to spend an unrestful night in an otherwise pleasant spot.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Ventura, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

My husband stayed here 2 times before. Staff was nice. Rooms cleaned ok. This last stay. He was to stay for 7 days. After the 4 night there. He left for a few hours. To come back and everything in his room was gone. Laptop,All his money. Even his overnight case.Door still locked. No windows open. And only 2other people that had keys. Maid and Owner. He talk to the owner. He got ever mad at my husband. And said none of it was ever there. Prove it was there. So the next day he left. That was just the start of the bad dream. The second night there. He woke up with he thought were bug bits. After the 6day with the bites. That became big boils. He went to the hospital. To find out he got MRSA from there. That is a skin eating bacteria. That you get from rooms that are not cleaned right. It will change his life for every!! Wish it was just a bad dream! I WOULD NOT STAY HERE!!! UNLESS YOU WANT A NIGHT THAT WILL STAY WITH YOU FOREVER!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank ForeverMRSA

Travelers are raving about these Grover Beach hotels

Ontario, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Price was excellent, location was okay and staff (Harry) was nice however the lobby smelled strongly of curry. Room was clean, but the bed and the pillows were horribly uncomfortable and we didn't get a good nights sleep. Windows opened, but screen was all bent up and we couldn't leave the window open for fear someone would break in. Continental breakfast was a total joke. Coffee & crappy individually wrapped little muffins and no place to eat except back in the room. It wasn't a totally horrible experience since it WAS clean, but I definitely wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank la123brat
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

I recently stayed at the Seaview Inn for a family function in the area. Initially the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We stayed in a downstairs room that was ok at first, but we found that the walls were very thin when first our next door neighbor yelled at us to shut up at 10:00, and then our upstairs neighbors checked in after midnight and proceeded to tramp up and down the stairs, move furniture (it sounded like) and then take multiple showers with the noisy plumbing reverberating in our ears. Cars entering and exiting the parking lot were nearly as disturbing. I would recommend an upstairs room, on the end. Unfortunately we had to check out the next day to return home unexpectedly, and the once friendly staff became irate and hostile - even while they were renting the 2 rooms we checked out of as we were leaving the office! Fortunately for the rest of my family they had a pleasant stay. The proximity to the beach and train station is a plus - just bring ear plugs!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
PlanoTX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2006

I went to CA on business, and one of my friends suggested I try the Seaview Inn at the Beach. I was there for a week in the fall. I was so impressed with the hotel that I took my family back at Christmas for a vacation.

The staff is outstanding, rooms above clean, and the hotel has many extra services without extra fees.
Parking is included without charge!!!

This is the first time that I have ever written a recommondation for anything. I just wanted to tell everone that the Seaview is an Outstanding Find.

2 Thank SpanglesTX
The Inn at the Cove
The Inn at the Cove
#3 of 27 in Pismo Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,016 reviews

Been to Seaview Inn? Share your experiences!