“Biohazard Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Inn

You added Pacific Inn to your Saves list
Pacific Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   150 and 135 S. 5th Street, Grover Beach, CA 93433 (Formerly Grover Beach Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Grover Beach B&B and Inns
Omaha, Nebraska
“Biohazard Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this particular establishment. It was a last minute thing on Thanksgiving Weekend. We basically went in and dropped off our bags and went to eat. When we came back we found a number of bodily fluid spots on the bedding (all the bedding), carpet, and mattresses. The wall outlets were not working along with the heating or A/C. When I went into the bathroom the shower floor did not appear to be sturdy and there was a window that had no coverings so people could look in. On top of all that I stepped on tacks that were coming out of the carpet. When we tried to get our money back the person managing the front desk told us it was not possible to get a refund, but she would happily move us. We knew that was not an option so we ate the 80 bucks and chalked it up to a lesson learned.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Danielle S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hesperia, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was the worst hotel I have ever seen before. I travel out of town a lot I've seen a lot of low end hotels but not like this one. I didn't wanna take my shoes off because of the stains on the carpet. All the chairs had permanent black stains. The sheets on the bed look like they hadn't been cleaned. All the towels I receive had stains in them. I've never been so happy to leave a hotel!

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank john k

Travelers are raving about these Grover Beach hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Omgee!! Me and my family had absolutely no where else to stay, booked everywhere. They told us $179, then within 30 mins it jumped to $200!! they new we had no where else to go! They were like or you can sleep in your car and we will charge you $59 tomorrow, which supposedly is the normal price. Umm hello I have Lil kids, I can't sleep on the car!!! They thought it was funny too, they said we know this Hotel is not worth $200, but it's the " Day" the Room was horrific! Smelled like pee! The blankets were nasty, the floor was nasty,luckily we had our own blankets! It was a bad experience and a hard lesson learned. Next booking in advance somewhere else!!! Someone should report those ppl!! Class Action???

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank Kittyhello10
Bakersfield, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Okay so I booked with this hote l(8/11/2012) basically because everything else was full or too expensive. Upon arrival my husband was very dis-satisfied as was I. When given our key we went to our designated room to find the door cracked open slightly. After entering I can say that even in the worst hotels in Bakersfield,CA where I live this hotel room was unbelievably Horrific!! One bed had looked to be slept in. The other bed had blood stains, burn marks and some sort of animal hair. After being thoughly disgusted by the beds alone the entire room was dirty....No clean towels and empty food packages and even the faces of the two cheap dressers were missing!!!! REALLY? After that my husband talked to the owner about the room, after explaining about the state of the room we thought somebody or (Crack heads) due to the neighborhood had broken into his hotel room. He was rude and annoyed at our accusation. We had thought we were doing him a favor. So after sleeping that One and ONLY night we hurried out the next day!....The morning of check out I had noticed a Bump on my eyelid....but thought no more about it. This morning( Tues 8/14/2012) when I went to my doctor I was told that my swollen Eye was because I was bit by a BED BUG! Do yourself a favor and either find a decent hotel or stay home. It will save you the money of going to the Doc. and paying for antibiotics....SIMPLY because these people wouldnt take better care of their hotel.....I dont care if its under new management. This place needs to be shut down....BBB and health department will surely be giving " GROVER BEACH INN" a call!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Kassie F
Pittsburgh, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The owner tried putting me in a room that was off the main office when he learned I was alone (female) which i declined, because his secret passage to the unmade room he offered me was obviously ridiculously shady. There were people up and down the stairs and outside all night, working on their truck and doing who knows what else. The window didn't have a real lock, and the stained chair was probably pulled out of a dumpster.

I ended up here b/c it was cheap ($124!) for a night and there was nothing else within 140 miles when I booked at 8:30 at night.

Feeling completely unsafe, and unable to sleep due to the horrid chemical and rot smell, I left at 3am and drove to LA.

Don't stay here ever.

Room Tip: If you are driving along the PCH from Monterey south, there's limited cell reception. Book in ad...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Karen E
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for 1 night on our trip down the PCH to San Diego. We were shocked at how unclean and unkempt this Inn was. The carpet was stained, the over-throw on the bed was also stained, the units and furnishings were dusty and dirty and the bathroom smelt strongly of urine. The only plus point was the sheets and towels seemed to look clean. However in general the upkeep of the place was very poor and the Inn had not been updated or modernised in years. It was evidently clear that customers and their custom was not valued in the slightest or high on the list of their priorities.

Would not recommend this as place to stay at all! Unless you want to come with your marigolds, some strong bleach and a good air freshner!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Hollie B
Sacramento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was by far the worst motel I have ever stayed at!! It smelled so bad we put all of our clothes in the car so they would not stink. So dirty and gross. The shower was caving in! The drain had a huge gash and if did not stand to the side you felt like you were falling through the floor! As we started to get into bed we started finding bugs EVERYWHERE!! My poor mother-in-law could not hardly sleep because she found a bug in the bed. We were suppose to stay two nights but checked out early the next morning because it was so aweful! The manager said they are trying to renovate but honestly should not rent out rooms that bad.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Seaview Inn
Seaview Inn
#1 of 2 in Grover Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 36 reviews

Been to Pacific Inn? Share your experiences!