We stayed in room 202 for one night on our way into Yosemite. Location of hotel is acceptable-was about 1 hour from Yosemite valley floor in little traffic. Upon check-in, the room seemed acceptable. Liked the tile floor at the entrance and bathroom area. No apparent problems that evening. However, in the morning, we found that ANTS had found our breakfast that we had brought into our room the night before. There were 500+ ants crawling up the wall, on the ceiling, all over the microwave/coffee area. And all over inside and outside of our donut packs! It was very gross and unacceptable! When I tried discussing it with the front desk upon checkout, I wasn't offered any apologies. I was told that I should not have taken food into my room, or ants would get it. I was told they had a pesticide company working to get rid of the ants, but I shouldn't have brought food into the room. Needless to say, no apologies or refunds were offered and I felt like I was being told it was my issue, not the hotel's. For this reason, I cannot recommend this hotel and would definitely not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yosemite Westgate Lodge is the most modern lodging facility on Highway 120, located just a mere 12 miles from the Big Oak Flat "Westgate" Entrance to Yosemite N.P., And a short 35 mile jaunt down to the Valley Floor and the many popular features of Yosemite including the thunderous waterfalls, Half Dome, El Capitan, Cathedral Rocks, and many campgrounds in and around Yosemite. We offer the ideal place to stay if you are traveling from the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California. Our hotel boasts 48 luxuriously appointed and newly remodeled and extremely spacious rooms. Most of our rooms have two queen size beds, making them ideal for families or groups. The Yosemite Westgate Lodge is a 100% Non-Smoking facility and unfortunately, Pets are NOT allowed. The Lodge has a heated swimming pool, spa, playground, laundry facilities, and an adjacent restaurant. Sorry, we do NOT have WIFI. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Yosemite Westgate Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn Yosemite Westgate Hotel Groveland
- Americas Best Value Inn Groveland