Took my sister to Yosemite for her birthday. We are both pretty picky and mobility challenged, [aka we are old and out of shape]. I choose this hotel due to location and good reviews. First off, the hotel says it's in Groveland but it is 12 miles outside of Groveland towards Yosemite. We spent a bit looking for it but asked a local and was given directions.
It was quiet except for the people moving the bench around upstairs. Our room was clean, having a fridge and microwave helped us keep some of our costs down. Since it was mid week and not quite the high season, it only took us about 20 minutes to get to the valley floor.
Don't know where the pictures on their site were taken, but I saw rooms in every building and not one had the bed linens pictured. The sheets etc were nice but covered with ugly flowered bedspreads. Not a big deal for me as I just throw those onto the floor anyway.
Bed was comfy, wireless was spotty at best but I was aware of that. The shower head was high which is usually an issue for both of us as we are tall. Water pressure which is a biggie for me was good so I was happy. Wierdly, we both commented that the toliet seemed very short.
We ate next door at the BuckMeadow resturant. Not terrible but certainly nothing to write home about. We choose to eat else where for all of the other meals. Their pie which is "homemade" was really bad.
I'd stay again and have even recommended it already to someone. If you can get the Groupon deal it's great too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yosemite Westgate Lodge is the most modern lodging facility on Highway 120, located just a mere 12 miles from the Big Oak Flat "Westgate" Entrance to Yosemite N.P., And a short 35 mile jaunt down to the Valley Floor and the many popular features of Yosemite including the thunderous waterfalls, Half Dome, El Capitan, Cathedral Rocks, and many campgrounds in and around Yosemite. We offer the ideal place to stay if you are traveling from the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California. Our hotel boasts 48 luxuriously appointed and newly remodeled and extremely spacious rooms. Most of our rooms have two queen size beds, making them ideal for families or groups. The Yosemite Westgate Lodge is a 100% Non-Smoking facility and unfortunately, Pets are NOT allowed. The Lodge has a heated swimming pool, spa, playground, laundry facilities, and an adjacent restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Groupon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Yosemite Westgate Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn Yosemite Westgate Hotel Groveland
- Americas Best Value Inn Groveland