Yosemite Westgate Lodge
Rush Creek Lodge(Groveland)
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
  • Pool
El Dorado Motel(Twain Harte)
Average 3/5
All reviewsrestaurant next dooradjacent restaurantroom was cleanbuck meadowsfridge and microwavetwo queen bedspark entrancesmall playgroundflat screencoffee makerlate checkpool and jacuzziwould stay here againice machinehour drivegreat place to stayvalley floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel is about 12 miles from Yosemite, so a nice location. It was clean and comfortable, pretty much average. I was glad it had a small frig. I didn't like that the office is only open from 8am -10 pm, with a $25 late arrival fee. I had to wait for the office to open at 8am before I could check out. Try the restraunant next door - it was great!

Room Tip: Several two story buildings - only stairs, so specifiy first level in reservation if needed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank heidi84
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here in mid April 2013 when using a Groupon for the first time. The room was large, clean and had the amenities I wanted including microwave and a fridge which was large for a motel. The room was very clean, and the bathroom was huge. Its the closest motel to the park on Hwy 120, and conveniently has a very nice country restaurant next door called Buck Meadows {reviewed separately q.v.} The motel had a pool and Jacuzzi, which had not yet been opened for the season. The staff was helpful, and accommodated my early arrival. I had no major complaints, and only two minor aggravations. In order to conserve energy, the room had motion sensitive lights, which sometimes seemed to have a mind of their own, and the switches weren't always where I expected them to be. Overall the lighting wasn't as bright as I would have liked. The second issue was almost funny: There is one button on the TV remote which will disable the TV for about two hours. Every time I picked up the remote, I worried about bumping it.

Overall a nice stay, I would recommend. N.B. The address is Groveland, but that's not where the motel is, its in Buck Meadows, closer to the park. There is NO CELL PHONE SERVICE anywhere nearby, and the room phones must be pre-authorized for outgoing calls. I had very good internet connection though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BiffCanlett
Innsight_Hospitality, Owner at Yosemite Westgate Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Biff:

Thank you for your accurate review of our property. We really respect reviews like yours because they do not sugar coat and are reflective of our value and the quality of our lodgings. Sure we have some quirks, but quirks are all about personality! We try hard to be one of the best places to stay when visiting Yosemite and your review helps affirm that very point, so thank you!

We'd love to have you back. Book directly at yosemitwestgate.com and input the promo code tripadvisor to save $5 per night!

See you soon,

Raj
Owner

Reviewed April 15, 2013

If this motel costs $75 a night instead of $130 (that's what it cost per night with all the taxes added in) for an early April mid-week stay, I would have found our stay a bit more acceptable, but with an uncomfortable bed, a rather depressing surroundings and a management trying to convince me that the $118 before taxes was their "rack rate" (really?!) so they didn't have to honor our American Best Value Inn Card promising a 15% discount, the result was that I was not happy with our stay.

The room was clean, but as mentioned already, the mattresses were uncomfortable and our room looked out onto a wide expanse of asphalt parking lot. To say the place lacks charm is an understatement. We spent as little time at the motel as possible.

The Buck Meadow Restaurant next door had good Sierra Nevada on draft at a reasonable price, but the food, though portions were large, was unimpressive and we only ate there once. I would not go back to either the motel or the restaurant. I suggest trying someplace in Groveland instead.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Amber:

We are truly sorry that you felt our property was average and overpriced. We actually have priced our rooms and architected our property and product experience to reflect value and quality. We are the closest and most modern hotel to Yosemite. Considering the remote location we offer many comforts and amenities that no other Yosemite region property provides. We truly are sorry that you did not find this as such and would love to have you back next time so we can make things right and ensure you see the value and quality of our hotel.

Regards,

Raj
Owner

Reviewed April 15, 2013

It is about an hour outside Yosemite Valley. I don't like the stone tile floor in the bathroom, it's cold. Rooms are cold in general. Yes, there is a/c & heating, but the isolation seems bad. I was here in mid April, who knows how that works in winter. The room was big (205), carpet is coming close to it's end of life, but it was ok, beds were really comfortable and sheets warm, shower was one of the nicest on my trip: good water pressure, good shower head. The guest laundry is reasonably big, I did not have to wait (wash 1, dry 1.50, soap 2).
The restaurant next door has great value for money. Prime rib special with soup 16, large beer 3.50, cola from vending 1. Staff if very friendly.

Room Tip: you can hear people walk upstairs, with kids take one downstairs not to disturb neighbors
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Fdemer:

We wanted to take some time and personally thank you for your positive review regarding your stay at Yosemite Westgate Lodge. We really strive to be one of the best properties and facilities to stay at when visiting Yosemite and we feel your honest review reflects that.

Please do come visit us again. Next time book directly at yosemitewestgate.com and save!

See you soon,

Raj - Owner

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Nice location, 30-45minutes drive to main entrance of yosemite national park. Room was clean, big, with a fridge, microwave, coffe maker etc. icemaker placed outside Friendly staff and will recommend this to others. Breakfast and dinner at restaurant just with in a short walk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Mosi32:

We wanted to take the time to thank you for your Perfect Score Review of our property. Its reviews like yours that make us really feel warm and fuzzy inside. It shows us that the hard work and commitment we make to making sure our guests have a great Yosemite Experience is paying off, so Thank You!

Next time you visit book directly at yosemitwestgate.com and enter tripadvisor in the promo code section of our website and save!

See you again soon,