We were booked for Wawona lodge but after a delayed journey from San Francisco had to turn back in a snowstorm as it became obvious that it was not possible to get there that night. Despite reception being closed for the night we were welcomed in to a warm and very comfortable room where we slept extremely well. A hearty breakfast in the diner next door set us up for the day and after getting advice on the roads and buying a map we drove into the park. The delay was to our benefit as we were able to enjoy the fabulous scenery which we would have missed in the dark.
Only miss was a kettle. Otherwise a great place to stay and very well priced. We would stay here again and would definitely suggest staying here rather than driving in in the dark to make the most of the views.
Lovely setting and the clear piny mountain air was a delight. If you have time to spend here there are local walks which we would do another time but had other plans on this occasion.
The staff at both the hotel and the diner were welcoming and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yosemite Westgate Lodge is the most modern lodging facility on Highway 120, located just a mere 12 miles from the Big Oak Flat "Westgate" Entrance to Yosemite N.P., And a short 35 mile jaunt down to the Valley Floor and the many popular features of Yosemite including the thunderous waterfalls, Half Dome, El Capitan, Cathedral Rocks, and many campgrounds in and around Yosemite. We offer the ideal place to stay if you are traveling from the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California. Our hotel boasts 48 luxuriously appointed and newly remodeled and extremely spacious rooms. Most of our rooms have two queen size beds, making them ideal for families or groups. The Yosemite Westgate Lodge is a 100% Non-Smoking facility and unfortunately, Pets are NOT allowed. The Lodge has a heated swimming pool, spa, playground, laundry facilities, and an adjacent restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Yosemite Westgate Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn Yosemite Westgate Hotel Groveland
- Americas Best Value Inn Groveland