Blackberry Inn at Yosemite
Rush Creek Lodge(Groveland)
$400
Yosemite Westgate Lodge(Groveland)(Great Value!)
$219
$209
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
Hotel Charlotte(Groveland)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssteve and alexrose roomberry patchthe main househumming birdseach morninghummingbird feedersdome roomother guestsbriar rosehomemade chocolate chip cookiesclouds resthoneymoon suitewrap around porchel capitanrocking chairsbreakfast was delicious
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Only good things to say about our 2 day stay here last week. Stayed in their El Capitan suite. Absolutely beautiful room with well chosen furnishings. Comfortable, clean, outstanding service. A few horses grazing close by added to the very nice views from the 'wrap around' porch - this room is in the corner of the newer building so it has two different sides to sit on. Private entrance, really nice bathroom. Steve went out of his way to help us decide how to get the most of our 2 days in the park. Breakfast was excellent. Cookies, fresh drinking water. We were very impressed to stumble across this gem, especially considering the other choices nearby and outside the park. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harry B
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I tried to book this inn for one night next week - there was one room free on that night so suspected owners might be keen to fill this and we need a stopover. Firstly the person I contacted 'Steve' asked me to call in 5 hours - 2 am in the UK! Although he didn't know we are in the UK I think its a bit rude to ask a customer to call in several hours. I then enquired about whether our daughter (4 months) could stay and he said no, 'we have a 113 year age limitation here'. When I asked exactly what that means I was ignored. Kind of glad to not be staying somewhere with such rude staff/owners!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank KristinTP
BlackberryInn, Owner at Blackberry Inn at Yosemite, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

As this person stated, we did receive an email from her asking about a single night stay. The room was available, so we replied to her email, yes, she could have the room. Our reservation system does not allow for Single Night reservations to be made online by a guest. We ask guests wanting a single night to call us to book their stay for confidentially of their financial credit card information. We do not ask for financial information in an email for the guest's privacy protection.
It's shocking and disappointing to realize that trying to protect this guest's financial information by requesting a simple telephone call is now considered RUDE to the level of a 1 star review when they have never stayed with us. We are just a mom and pop business trying to do our job properly.

This is a B and B and we "wear many hats". We are very often not available by phone during the day, as there are many errands to run and duties to perform. Someone is always available after 5:00 PM, PST, to help people with questions and reservations, etc., so we asked this customer to please call at this time. She responded that she was in the UK and it would then be 2:00 am. (of course we had no way of knowing this previously), so we apologized and requested more information through email. At that point she was asked to send pertinent info and we would be happy to make the reservation for her and send her a confirmation with driving instructions..

We have a double occupancy restriction and a minimum age requirement that is stated on the website. When asked to confirm the number of guests in the party, THEN the guest responded that there was a 4 month old child.

We responded that we are an adult facility and have an age restriction of 13 years. Because the computer keyboard sticks sometimes, the response sent said 113 years instead of 13.
When the guest responded that she didn't understand. We apologized yet again, saying that the keyboard sticks and reiterated the proper age restriction.

The entire email stream including our responses was completed in 2 hours and 3 minutes. We do not ignore our guests and this incident is no exception.

We work tirelessly throughout the season to provide our guests the best possible service along with clean, well appointed rooms, as evidenced by over 300 past and present positive reviews.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this lovely B&B from May 24-27 this year. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it was. The owners of the home, Steve & Alexandria, have left no stone unturned when it comes to providing a home away from home. First, the property is just beautiful. Quiet, charming and luxurious all at the same time. The huge wrap around front porch is a delight and watching the plethora of hummingbirds at the feeders is really a treat. The home was built in the 1990's with a Bed & Breakfast in mind, so every room is designed for comfort. We stayed in the Brameberry Suite and it was incredible. The bed was more comfortable than my own! One night I even took a bubble bath in the soaking tub; so relaxing! Breakfast was also a treat and Steve and his helpers made sure we had what we needed and always asked ahead of time if you had any special dietary needs. They truly go out of their way. The Inn is about 13 miles outside of the Oak Flats entrance to Yosemite. They have virtually no cell phone service, but they are prepared if you need to use their land line phone. But it was wonderful not to have cell service....more relaxing, for sure. My husband and I really didn't have a "plan" for touring Yosemite each day, so Steve offered his guidance and made us a picnic lunch for one day's journey. His "day tour" was spot on, and we had an incredible day. The only thing that I would have changed was how long we stayed. We were only there for 3 days and I could have stayed forever, and I was sad to leave....I would definitely go back and stay with Steve & Alex! Thank you so much for your hospitality!! (Hello to Catorce & Cricket!!)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Although I could have booked a hotel inside Yosemite National Park itself, I was not keen to do so after reading reviews on the service and noise in the rooms. It took me some time to trawl the net to find something quiet. I finally stumbled on Blackberry Inn by accident and boy, am I glad to make this decision.

This is a rustic country home-style but with modern amenities and elegant decor both in the rooms and the gardens. You can see the owner's passion in the design, commitment to keep standards high and care for the place. Steve personally cooked the breakfast according to my dietary needs and baked the cookies that were left in the room each day.

There are intricate classic details at every corner. It is like a dream home with understated beauty and practicality. I appreciate the adaptor with 2 USB ports and a 3-pin power-point. This allowed me to charge both my mobile phones and camera at the same time. There is a night light in the bathroom when you turn off the lights. There is also an electric fireplace and air conditioner. The bed is ultra-comfortable and grand.

I'm glad I took the initiative to talk to busy Steve after guests had left for their daily outings and found him to be energetic and attentive. (That was when I discovered the cookies were home-made by him.) There are common areas such as a library, lounge and verandah for guests to relax in. Watching the humming birds feed and hearing a bird sing was a joy. A restaurant with good burgers is 5 minutes away.

This pretty inn with the owner's personal touch each day is a rare find and sets the bench mark for boutique lodging. It is a destination in itself. It was a delight returning to the tranquil grounds each day, watching the sunset and horses. Blackberry is like a grand dame that is young at heart. It was hard leaving her!

Room Tip: If you like breakfast served at your patio, you will need to choose the rooms in the newer wing - at a higher cost.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank iamwithU
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights during our quick trip to Yosemite. Because we made our plans just a few months ahead of time, there was no availability at any of the lodging options inside of the park (not to mention, lodging in Yosemite is quite pricey). So we chose to stay at the Blackberry Inn for its affordability and location.

We stayed in the Berry Patch, inside the main house, which was no big deal at all. We had no problems with privacy or noise. Our room was very spacious and extremely clean. We were greeted with freshly baked cookies each evening and enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning. For $15/person, Steve packed us a healthy sack lunch so that we would have plenty of food to take with us for our day of hiking.

The inn is a 15-minute drive to the park entrance, and from the park entrance, it takes about 45 minutes to drive to the valley floor. I was very glad we stayed near this entrance of the park, and the drive each morning was actually quite enjoyable.

Guests are provided with guidebooks and maps, and Steve will offer any advice on where to go and which trails to hike. There were board games in the cabinet upstairs and plenty of books and magazines to borrow for down-time. Keep in mind that this is a B&B, so things like chatting with the innkeepers and sitting down to breakfast with strangers just come with the territory. On the plus side, your breakfast is included, and you'll receive excellent customer service. We really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple