“Best price for a room in Groveland.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groveland
Groveland Motel & Indian Village
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Well, i can just say that it is what it is. besides some rough edges around the corners id say it was well worth it for the price. the front desk clerk was very helpful and we were glad to pay such a minute amount compared to the other hotels in town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 11, 2012

OK, so here's the rundown:
No shampoo - Oh well
Ice maker broken - Pretty annoying
Frog in shower - Funny
Slugs on bathroom floor - Gross and creepy
Bedbugs - Unforgivable!!
Yes, I should have read everyone elses reviews before booking. I thought we were doing well to find a room for $115 close to Yosemite at such a short notice. I wish I had spent more and gone anywhere else. The place is so run down and unkept. We kept saying, "Well, it is better than a tent." Which was true until the discovery of the bedbug.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank GoodKnightsSleep
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Set your expectations at the right level and you won't be disappointed: I found the motel to be a friendly, no-frills place to rest your head after a long day of exploring Yosemite's beauty.
I spent one night, having made a reservation in the morning (on the drive into Yosemite) and then returned for the night under cover of darkness. The woman at the Front Desk was quite friendly and offered to let me check out available rooms. As for the price, it seemed moderate to high -- until I checked the few other options outside the park and gulped with sticker shock. The motel is a decent deal by comparison. And it's right on the main road (Highway 120) that leads into the park, so the location is convenient.
The room (double bed) was tidy even if the furniture and carpet showed a little wear. The bathroom had been recently renovated and the mattress seemed brand new. With plenty of hot water to soothe overworked (maybe non-existent) muscles and a coffee station to ward off the morning chill, these amenities were just what I needed. Then again, I wasn't seeking a spa, gift shop, and the other treats that drive up hotel costs.

One caution, especially if you are arriving or departing in darkness: beware of the main driveway. It is steep and could be under-carriage killer if you take it just so. Avoid it and look for a small side street just west of the hotel. It lacks the alpine angles of the driveway.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I have seen a lot of below average reviews, but my stay was not bad, I stayed here as we had to visit Yosemite , and it was OK for 70$, the bathroom door had a problem and the lady was kind enough to fix the problem with the help of a carpenter in a few minutes.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Avi3639
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed at this motel on route from las Vegas to San Francisco and arrived late at night with my partner, the prices are cash up front and a little high however it is the cheapest in the town and good value.

The hotel has a very authentic feel and are very qute, the room was clean and the beds were comfy with No bugs.

Do not listen to all the bad reviews this is a old motel in a rural location you get what you pay for. Its A motel if you want 5* then go somewhere else but this is a nice place

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank MrJRKnight
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We arrived late at night (friday). So we had no alternative.
The room was rundown, hugly and really dirty. The woman at the desk was very rude and the atmosphere was nothing short of disturbing. The price we paied (90 $) was too high for that horrible place. We didn't sleep at all and early in the morning we escaped from that disgusting room. I have no more words to describe our disgust.
Don't go there. NEVER. There is no enough good reason to go in that motel. Believe me, to sleep in your car is better.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We were pretty late on our trip back from Yosemite and decided to stay in that Motel because it seemed to be the least expensive place around. We payed $80 for a cabin and it was not worth a single penny. It seemed to be clean at first glace and the awkward smell other travelers were writing about was covered by some air freshener. At night we woke up with bugs crawling all over us. After switching on the light we found bugs of different sizes between the sheets. Some were on the wall, they were crawling behind the bed frame when we switched on the light. I am not sure if they were bed bugs (none of us got any bites), but it was disgusting. Do not stay in this place! Ever!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple