“Wonderful place to relax and have a great meal”

Pine Mountain Lake Country Club Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Groveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our 16,000 square foot restaurant and lounge overlooks the Pine Mountain Lake Golf Course with majestic views of Yosemite's peaks. The outside deck is perfect for outdoor dining, cocktails or your special function.
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I have been eating at the country club for years sometimes good and others not. The new pine mountain lake grill has been consistently excellent for the past two years and continues to surprise me with new and delicious menu items and a much improved wine list. They have a great staff, beautiful view, large outdoor patio and full bar as well. This is now where I go to eat and where I feel confident to take guests. Kudos to the new management for finally getting it right!

Reviewed August 26, 2010

The Grill at Pine Mountain Lake (note new name) has been totally refurbished. It now has a grill menu with lots of lighter fare. New chef Carrie is terrific and her specials are delicious. The "small plates" are a real bargain and plenty of food for all but the most hungry big guy. Sit on the deck for a gorgeous view.

Reviewed May 26, 2010

We had dinner here and the food was just okay. The service was very good but there were few people there at the time. The wine list was minimal but reasonably priced. The food was average at best. I am a cook so I might be a little more discriminating. We had the Seafood with Pasta & applewood bacon and the Scampi. The shrimp were quite small for a scampi dish. It was recommended by a few people in town but I think we should have gone to the Cafe Charlotte in town which is supposed to be very good.

Reviewed May 8, 2010

On my second visit to this happy town in the sky, I was able to eat at several of the highly rated establishments. The Club has a new menu, which my local friend felt was a downgrade. However, they have prime rib seven nights a week, and it's inexpensive, large, tender, and tasty! The menu is to me very belly-friendly, and the prices are really good. They have a nice local wine list, with minimal markup. Service was very prompt, efficient, and friendly. Nice bar, filled with upper-end locals. I have heard that there has been a lot of staff turnover here, but the current team seems to be operating just fine.

Reviewed June 2, 2009

They remodeled the outdoor patio some years ago and it looks great and creates a very relaxing place to sip a cocktail and look out over the beautiful golf course and surrounding mountains. So if that is what you're looking for it's perfect! However if it's good food and ambience forget it. They have gone through so many chefs (if you want to call them that) and each time we've been there the food is horrible. I have had the lobster, first served to me raw then brought back burnt. The steaks/prime rib had so much fat it was ridiculous. The interior of the "country club" looks like the inside of a cheap cafeteria/banquet room with commerical carpeting and stackable chairs. Don't waste your time or your money. I do recommend the patio for cocktails - very highly! When you see my recommendations remember that it is strictly for drinks outside!